The Student Room Group

He overheard me calling him short - do I confess my feelings?

I'm 22 and in love with one of my best friends who is 26. We click so well and tell each-other everything. He calls me at 2am to talk about his day and we have private jokes that no-one else would get. Naturally however, female friends have started to ask why we're not dating already. I told them he was ok, but too short for me. He happened to overhear (he'd arrived at my house unexpectedly) and from then on started acting cold towards me despite me apologising.
The only reason I said this to my friends is because I needed a reason for them to get off my back. If I told them they'd start acting weird around him whenever he's around and would drop hints that I love him. I don't care about his height and now I'm scared of losing him as a friend. I've been crying about this for days.
What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Tell him, for ****'s sake!
Reply 2
Tell him you love him. If he's not in a relationship 99.9% chance he'll feel the same way. Then have some amazing make-up sex.
He obviously likes you for more than a friend otherwise he wouldnt get upset if you called him short.
Reply 4
Buy him some stilts.
Talk to him, but if that's too difficult just show him this post. I'm sure he'll understand why you did it and believe you and if he doesn't, he's not worth crying over.
I just don't know how to approach him about this. I called him yesterday but he said he was busy so I didn't get much of a chance to speak to him. Should I go to his house or would that be a bit OTT? He lives a 40 minute drive away...
Just tell him
Reply 8
Original post by Rainbow-Dream
I just don't know how to approach him about this. I called him yesterday but he said he was busy so I didn't get much of a chance to speak to him. Should I go to his house or would that be a bit OTT? He lives a 40 minute drive away...

Do it: you need to re-masculate him, stat, if you're to avoid losing him for good.

Do it face to face so he can see from your body language that you're telling the truth and not lying to make him feel better for calling him short. The sooner you do it, the better. Good luck m8.
Show up at his house in your tallest heels. Tell him you're sorry and pat him on the head for good measure.
Oh, and I want to add also, go to his house because it will seem like you went to a bigger effort to show you're sorry compared to just calling him
Reply 12
Oh ****!

Bahahahahahahahaha!
how tall is he?
Original post by vis break
how tall is he?

He's 5ft 5 and I'm 5ft 9 and a bit.
Big height difference...
maybe deep down you do have reservations about his height and subconsciously knew he would overhear
Reply 17
Buy him a happy meal and tell him to start eating more calcium based foods.
He's 5ft 5 and I'm 5ft 9 and a bit.

That's hot.

Ask him out for **** sake.
So... did you tell him OP?

Quick Reply

Latest