The Student Room Group

Changing of exam board

Hi guys. I had a question for you guys. So after finishing my AS at one college which does OCR exam board for everything, now I am thinking about moving to another sixth form (because at my current college I cannot do Chemistry A-level and I need that for Medicine) so to what extent do you think i'll struggle, if so? The new college does AQA for sciences and Edexcel for Maths. So the change with be from OCR exam board. Will it be impossible to handle? Hard? Very hard? Not worth taking the risk? Any success stories you can also share with me?
Reply 1
Original post by Abz_A786
Hi guys. I had a question for you guys. So after finishing my AS at one college which does OCR exam board for everything, now I am thinking about moving to another sixth form (because at my current college I cannot do Chemistry A-level and I need that for Medicine) so to what extent do you think i'll struggle, if so? The new college does AQA for sciences and Edexcel for Maths. So the change with be from OCR exam board. Will it be impossible to handle? Hard? Very hard? Not worth taking the risk? Any success stories you can also share with me?

If you do this then you need to make sure that the new college submits a transfer of credit for your AS by 21 October to swap your AS from OCR to another exam board. http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/entries/gce-entry-information-incltransfer-of-credit
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
If you do this then you need to make sure that the new college submits a transfer of credit for your AS by 21 October to swap your AS from OCR to another exam board. http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/entries/gce-entry-information-incltransfer-of-credit

Whats this for? What will this enable me or the new college to do?
Reply 3
Original post by Abz_A786
Whats this for? What will this enable me or the new college to do?

I inferred from what you said that you were intending to swap exam boards between AS and A2. It isn't a given that you can - you need to apply, following the rules at the link I gave. If you're starting AS again from scratch with a different exam board then you can ignore everything I've said.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
I inferred from what you said that you were intending to swap exam boards between AS and A2. It isn't a given that you can - now need to apply, following the rules at the link I gave. If you're starting AS again from scratch with a different exam board then you can ignore everything I've said.

Yh I get what youre saying

Quick Reply

Latest