The Student Room Group

Retaking AS and doing A2 in the same year?

Is there any possibilities that any Universities would accept me if my AS results were really bad such as EEUU. But Im sure i would work hard and push these grades up next year. The teachers and myself know the capability but the universities dont know that. Im just worried. Can someone help me?
Reply 1
don't worry! these things happen! just make sure you do amazingly in your A2 exams (perhaps retake some AS modules too), take a gap year, and apply to university once you have your actual final A Level grades - rather than applying to uni with the predicted grades based on your AS Levels.
I know loads of people who've had to do this - and a lot of people manage to retake AS modules whilst doing A2 exams. AS will seem so much easier in comparison to A2. It will be ok!
Reply 2
hey thanks for the reply but does this mean I have to take a gap year. I dont mind going to Uni with these grades.
Reply 3
Original post by jenny01
hey thanks for the reply but does this mean I have to take a gap year. I dont mind going to Uni with these grades.

It really depends on where you want to go and how competitive your uni course will be - and also on predicted grades for A2. I honestly think a gap year is a pretty good idea - its only one year out - which is literally nothing in the long run...
Reply 4
I want to do accounting and finance , at first i wanted to go to any university but now looking through the as grades too i want to apply to bedfordshire.
And also once I get my A2 grades can I still call up univesities and ask them whether they would give me a place.

Quick Reply

Latest