The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Somehow Penn State was one of the first US universities I'd ever heard of (after the 'big names', like Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Princeton, Yale, etc.).

There was a professor from Penn State in the committee of my mother's PhD defense. According to my mother he said that he once had a very rich guy from Latin America in one of his classes, and you know what that guy did? He invited his whole class to home country, and not during the regular holidays, but just during a normal week when they were supposed to be at university. That guy had exceptional rich parents who paid all the flight tickets and the other costs involved. The whole class enjoyed a free vacation to Latin America.
Reply 41
arkbar
Are you serious? You could put up with paying ~$900 EVERY MONTH?! And then spending like 11 hours getting there and 11 hours going back? That's kind of er, not practical. I know patronising blah de blah, but it's kind of insane.

Then I guess I should be telling him not to go.
Reply 42
Um, unless you could put up with not seeing him for over a month?
Reply 43
arkbar
Um, unless you could put up with not seeing him for over a month?

He definitely would not be able to do this and i would prefer not to.
shady lane
No Georgetown is Catholic, it's not backwards! There's a difference :eek:

there is :confused: :p:
Reply 45
shady lane
I'm from NJ, and I'd agree: outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is quite a conservative, rural, and close-minded state.

I'm so glad I haven't offended you! I'm from a very conservative small town in the new forest, but even I was suprised by the opinions of the people who my dad lives near!

Latest

Trending

Trending