The Student Room Group

How am I suppose to get over her...

First things first, I've dated many girls in the time I've been "obsessing" over this one girl. I've had a good sexual life so far and I'm doing great being single at the moment. I've also fallen in love with different women too.

Anyway, I've liked this one girl for ages. She facinated me. She was smart, chic, charismatic and drop dead gorgeous. We had slept together and all that, so it wasn't platonic, but I think that the distance was really holding us back.

We used to see each other every summer and just chill together for hours on end in the sun. We would speak about absolutely everything, and I used to love just sitting there listening to her... her voice and stuff. I can't really describe how it felt the first time I woke up beside her. When she was laying there wearing my shirt in bed, curled up into a ball. I still have that memory now and it makes me feel so sad.

She passed away last year from cancer. She was 21. I've never gotten over the fact. I went to her funeral and read some lines out but I remember shaking so much... not only because I have stage fright, but because I couldn't handle the fact she was laying dead feet away form me and I would never see her again. So yeah, I'm not over her... no where near really, and I don't know what the **** I should do...
Reply 1
;( I'm so sorry to hear that, OP. :hugs: <3 I'm not really sure what to say but..

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted" - Matthew 5:4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
;( I'm so sorry to hear that, OP. :hugs: <3 I'm not really sure what to say but..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's a nice thing to share! :smile:

Also OP I can't imagine what you're going through. She will always be in your heart, gone but not forgotten. Um maybe you should keep the sex life and dating life low for now. It might be a distraction, but it's very temporary because you end up thinking of her again regardless. You might feel a lot of burden off yourself if you talk about it more. Maybe pay her parents a visit? This might be a bad suggestion and I'm sorry if it is. But her parents acc understand the pain you're going through. Talking usually help a lot in these situations (kinda like posting this on tsr) instead of bottling all up which is a mistake many of us do. I wish you the best of luck, I'm sorry for your loss, and stay blessed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by angelcake123
Aww that's a nice thing to share! :smile:

Also OP I can't imagine what you're going through. She will always be in your heart, gone but not forgotten. Um maybe you should keep the sex life and dating life low for now. It might be a distraction, but it's very temporary because you end up thinking of her again regardless. You might feel a lot of burden off yourself if you talk about it more. Maybe pay her parents a visit? This might be a bad suggestion and I'm sorry if it is. But her parents acc understand the pain you're going through. Talking usually help a lot in these situations (kinda like posting this on tsr) instead of bottling all up which is a mistake many of us do. I wish you the best of luck, I'm sorry for your loss, and stay blessed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, well I'm pretty close with her parents anyway, especially her dad. I actually asked him if I could have her hand in marriage a week before she was diagnosed... so I can imagine he knows how hard it is.

I wish I could talk to people about how I feel, but it's hard you know? I feel like I'm bothering them...

She meant so much to me... like I said, she fascinated me...
Reply 4
Original post by Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's OK thanks. It's been a really long journey to where I am right now. I feel better, that's a plus, but I often get sleepless nights thinking about her.

I have never, ever felt anything like I felt when I was with her. Many of the girls I've been with her, I've been with because they, in some way, reminded me of her.

Now I know lots of people think that's sick, twisted and manipulative... but it gave me some solace. Obviously I had to end those relationships because I came to realise how wrong it was...
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, well I'm pretty close with her parents anyway, especially her dad. I actually asked him if I could have her hand in marriage a week before she was diagnosed... so I can imagine he knows how hard it is.

I wish I could talk to people about how I feel, but it's hard you know? I feel like I'm bothering them...

She meant so much to me... like I said, she fascinated me...

Ahhh :frown: But that's really good that you get on with her parents.
You know, the people who actually care about you won't feel bothered at all. They'll want to help! Sometimes just having someone to listen to you is all you need. Its worth a try in my opinion. Even if they're busy, I'm sure an hour's conversation wouldn't hurt. Maybe try speaking to your family about it? I can tell she meant a lot to you. But if you make it your mission to get over her, it will be way too hard, but these things should happen naturally in its own time.

If you ever want to PM me, I'd always be willing to help some more or simply be a listener if that's what you want? If not then that's fine, but my pm is open to you :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
First things first, I've dated many girls in the time I've been "obsessing" over this one girl. I've had a good sexual life so far and I'm doing great being single at the moment. I've also fallen in love with different women too.

Anyway, I've liked this one girl for ages. She facinated me. She was smart, chic, charismatic and drop dead gorgeous. We had slept together and all that, so it wasn't platonic, but I think that the distance was really holding us back.

We used to see each other every summer and just chill together for hours on end in the sun. We would speak about absolutely everything, and I used to love just sitting there listening to her... her voice and stuff. I can't really describe how it felt the first time I woke up beside her. When she was laying there wearing my shirt in bed, curled up into a ball. I still have that memory now and it makes me feel so sad.

She passed away last year from cancer. She was 21. I've never gotten over the fact. I went to her funeral and read some lines out but I remember shaking so much... not only because I have stage fright, but because I couldn't handle the fact she was laying dead feet away form me and I would never see her again. So yeah, I'm not over her... no where near really, and I don't know what the **** I should do...

Sorry for your loss.:console: I think that expressing your feelings will help- don't hold back the tears.
Wow this thread and the OP has rather hit home for me. :redface:

I don't really know what I would do if something happened to Hilrho. If I could get over it. I have thought about it before, but seeing how you took it in reality just brings it home to me. I mean I guess I would have to go inside myself, get angry, change how I feel. But I don't think I could actually accept it. :frown:

Also when someone dies all the happy memories which once made you smile, happy and get the nice warm feeling in your stomach just turn to sadness because they are only memories and not reality anymore. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending