The Student Room Group

don't get into recruitment consultancy if you're an introvert

What a piece of **** career full of loud interrupting people that just talk over you, its a cut throat industry just full of material retards where the entry requirements are only based on that you be out going and talkative?

Sales is nothing more than a default career if you can't get the job you want..
Reply 1
Original post by daydreamer93
What a piece of **** career full of loud interrupting people that just talk over you, its a cut throat industry just full of material retards where the entry requirements are only based on that you be out going and talkative?

Sales is nothing more than a default career if you can't get the job you want..

I knoow, a recruitment consultant got in touch with me before an interview to give me some prep. It was not a very good experience because she just talked all over me, so rubbish. She was kind of intimidating, in this sense.
How did your interview go?
Reply 3
How did your interview go?

I thought the interview went well, I answered each question clearly and the interview said he was impressed. In the end, however, I didn't get the job :frown: He said that I was very good but there were other good candidates too. I just felt sad and I am starting to feel like I under-sell myself in interviews. On paper, I look good.

Apparently, the company had told the recruitment agency about the outcome of my interview but the recruitment agency didn't get back to me! So, I was left hanging, waiting for a reply when the decision was made ages ago. Your right in the sense that recruitment consultants only really care about their commission.
Reply 4
Any recruitment job is just sales, it's not about placing people in actually good jobs. The notion that someone fresh out of university knows anything about what it takes for people to do various careers is utterly fanciful and, as a result, they're crap at it.
I thought this was common knowledge? Yes of course recruitment / sales sucks.
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
I thought this was common knowledge? Yes of course recruitment / sales sucks.

Yeah but since the recruitment industry is growing rapidly I wanted to make sure that everyone knew. A lot of graduates turn to recruitment as some sort default alternative if they can't get the job they want.
Wish recruitment agencies are all banned they are just a bunch of loud self interested piece of s*** heads
Original post by _icecream
Wish recruitment agencies are all banned they are just a bunch of loud self interested piece of s*** heads

I thought I could wear the extroverted mask so I could make a quick buck, but sooner or later you get found out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by melondew26
I knoow, a recruitment consultant got in touch with me before an interview to give me some prep. It was not a very good experience because she just talked all over me, so rubbish. She was kind of intimidating, in this sense.

I had a similar situation with one a few weeks ago,very pushy to the point its quite intimidating the way she was going on calling me about four times as she tried to communicate with her client (even called my house number). The way she was going on "call me as soon as your out of the interview, before you get on the tube because you will lose signal! ".
Original post by chosenone93
I had a similar situation with one a few weeks ago,very pushy to the point its quite intimidating the way she was going on calling me about four times as she tried to communicate with her client (even called my house number). The way she was going on "call me as soon as your out of the interview, before you get on the tube because you will lose signal! ".

You going ahead with the next stage?
You going ahead with the next stage?

nope wasnt even that interested in the job and the interview was day before my graduation ceremony. when i emailed her to cancel she was trying her utmost to make me rescheldule and called my phone several times (to which i didnt answer)
The base salary is quite attractive I must say, even if I turn out to be **** at sales at least I'll take that nice base salary and leave with the money

Quick Reply