The Student Room Group

What is the HARDEST A LEVEL (POLL)-LETS END THE DEBATE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Further maths grade boundaries for MEI can be really harsh (65/72 for an A etc.)
Original post by Yousf
Oh nono its fine haha:ahee:. Well im planning to stay in london, i don't want to live outside london, is there any reason you wanna move out? Also im planning to do combined course economics+something, as i'm dropping maths and so i cant get into straight economics.

Independence, the opportunity to focus on my degree without distractions and simply just wanting to get away from the city. :yep: London is lovely don't get me wrong, but I can only take it in small doses :lol:

Aww man, what I hate most about results day is that it makes you completely change your life plan if the day doesn't go how you would've wanted it to. Is there any uni you've a keen eye on? :mmm:
Reply 62
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Independence, the opportunity to focus on my degree without distractions and simply just wanting to get away from the city. :yep: London is lovely don't get me wrong, but I can only take it in small doses :lol:

Aww man, what I hate most about results day is that it makes you completely change your life plan if the day doesn't go how you would've wanted it to. Is there any uni you've a keen eye on? :mmm:

Ahh smart move and smart thinking! Well so far, im looking at queen mary,cass,kings all in central lmfao.
Original post by tcameron
Chemistry 100%.
In my sixth form you can only do chemistry A-level with A/A* at gcse.
After the AS results only 8 people out of 60 chem students got A's...
Majority got D's and below...

No other subject was as low in grades at this

Other way around in my school - Mostly As in Chemistry, one of the top subjects. I would never say Chemistry is the hardest because the concepts aren't as difficult to understand as Physics.
Further maths, the Pure modules are okay, stay the hell away from decision 2 and upwards though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by help089
i thought i completely failed my unit 1 and 2 exam. i ended up getting C's in both(unit 1 and 2) , however i got an A in the EMPA and that got me a B overall.
i made 300 flash cards to learn all the content from the spec and well...that didnt work out well.:frown:

Aw really :/ yeah I feel you it was horrible and I felt like I didn't learn any of it in lesson :/ I still got the A but it was just a terrible set of exams, I only liked the EMPA
Original post by thecatwithnohat
lol why have you not included humanities and art subjects

Lol
Reply 67
For me it was Physics. It didn't make any sense.
I wish I knew what u all were talking about but idk what the hell gcse and A level is?? Where is the people from Scotland am I the only one???
Reply 69
I think it depends on the person for me it would be a language or music. for others it might be Further maths or physics or something
Reply 70
Original post by RonnieRJ
Aw really :/ yeah I feel you it was horrible and I felt like I didn't learn any of it in lesson :/ I still got the A but it was just a terrible set of exams, I only liked the EMPA

i wish i got an A .Im going to retake both my unit 1 and 2. Do you have any tips to help me get that A in bio? like how you revised,resources you used and stuff. i will really appreciate if you helped me out.
I like how the only main considerations for a hard subject are the core sciences.

I did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry but drama and theatre studies was by far the most challenging. Of course, it's all subjective, so for me the sciences came naturally without an awful lot of effort, but it was the art which required me to really push myself to do well in.

Surely what makes a subject difficult is ultimately its position as being outside your comfort zone? (For the most part, of course; I'm not going to attempt to equate further maths with general studies...)
Original post by help089
i wish i got an A .Im going to retake both my unit 1 and 2. Do you have any tips to help me get that A in bio? like how you revised,resources you used and stuff. i will really appreciate if you helped me out.

Aw good luck! And man idk if I'm gonna be of much help, I only ever used the AQA textbook and read through one topic a day. I don't do past papers :| honestly I went through the book twice at a pace of 1 topic a day, like 1.1. One day then 1.2 then next and etc. I'd only read it the first time round and the second time round I'd make bullet points with black pen on A4 lined paper and stick it on my wall. I'd finish the day before the exam, and the night/morning before I'd read through the wall of notes and that's it :smile:
Reply 73
Aw good luck! And man idk if I'm gonna be of much help, I only ever used the AQA textbook and read through one topic a day. I don't do past papers :| honestly I went through the book twice at a pace of 1 topic a day, like 1.1. One day then 1.2 then next and etc. I'd only read it the first time round and the second time round I'd make bullet points with black pen on A4 lined paper and stick it on my wall. I'd finish the day before the exam, and the night/morning before I'd read through the wall of notes and that's it :smile:

what AQA text book was it? im asking this cus some things in the spec is not covered in the text book , like the types of diseases associated with the lungs. I kinda dont ever use the text book. I just find stuff on the internet.
Reply 74
For me it's definitely Chemistry, I'm not sure quite what makes it the hardest. It's not impossible, but out of my 4 (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology) it's definitely the one which doesn't sit as well with me and coincidentally was my lowest mark in AS
Original post by help089
what AQA text book was it? im asking this cus some things in the spec is not covered in the text book , like the types of diseases associated with the lungs. I kinda dont ever use the text book. I just find stuff on the internet.

Looks like this, it had details of all the lung diseases like emphysema :smile:
image.jpg
Chemistry.... never again... it really ****ed me over in A-level and I had a A* in GCSE....
It isn't really a debate: it's completely subjective. The thread is pointless - you're collecting a spread of opinions, not stopping a debate.
Original post by Alexion
Out of my four ASs I'd put Geography as the hardest over Further Maths and Physics... I guess I'm just wired up wrong :tongue:

Geography is the best subject ever, maths makes me want to be in a coma
Reply 79
Looks like this, it had details of all the lung diseases like emphysema :smile:
image.jpg

thank you for helping me out. Good luck with A2,i hope it goes well for you.:h:

Quick Reply

Latest