The Student Room Group

D&B Rave Night, help please?!

okay so basically, im a girl - im going to a rave in a few weeks time, and just wondering what i should wear, i dont want to look like a typical chavy starter pack girl. Is shorts a good option? Although it will be October hmm. My ex boyfriend who im still madly in love with is going to be there too, so i want him to me like "oh god damn, she looks nice" ect ect..
Also, quick question for anyone who attends over 18's nights at and o2 arena, if i take my provisional license will it get scanned as i enter? or do they just look at it and let you through?
thanks to anyone who helps - much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by iceagespiceage
okay so basically, im a girl - im going to a rave in a few weeks time, and just wondering what i should wear, i dont want to look like a typical chavy starter pack girl. Is shorts a good option? Although it will be October hmm. My ex boyfriend who im still madly in love with is going to be there too, so i want him to me like "oh god damn, she looks nice" ect ect..
Also, quick question for anyone who attends over 18's nights at and o2 arena, if i take my provisional license will it get scanned as i enter? or do they just look at it and let you through?
thanks to anyone who helps - much appreciated.

this all depends on how "underground" the rave itself is:

if its really underground and advertised through word-of-mouth then it's probably for the oldschool ravers who will all be dressed funky like hippies or ragga muffins. here's some examples:

Also, if the rave is 'underground' for lack of a better word then u don't even have to worry about bringin an ID, everything is off the radar...

however, if the 'rave' is very publicised on social media and other networks like resident advisor and that then it's probably targeted at the newbie ravers and they'll dress like they're on a club night and YES you will have to show your ID most likely unless it's one of those god-forsaken UTR-16 raves.

Take this advice with a grain of sand... also bear in mind there are many raves that fall halfway between underground and not-so-underground.

You may find a rave that isn't baited out on facebook but it does have a partyline telephone which is becoming popular nowadays. these raves are literally 50-50 hardcore ravers and commercial ravers, they don't normally ask for ID, let alone scanning it! they just glance at it for half a second, then look at you for half a second and boom.

also as for dress code: it's drum'n'bass so you can never go wrong with a yellow, red and green top. you'll quickly find these colors are everywhere in the drum'n'bass world
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gijops

You may find a rave that isn't baited out on facebook but it does have a partyline telephone which is becoming popular nowadays. these raves are literally 50-50 hardcore ravers and commercial ravers, they don't normally ask for ID, let alone scanning it! they just glance at it for half a second, then look at you for half a second and boom.

also as for dress code: it's drum'n'bass so you can never go wrong with a yellow, red and green top. you'll quickly find these colors are everywhere in the drum'n'bass world

its at an o2 arena and there is security everywhere, and its a modified ID, so the hologram is wearing off, dont want to travel far just to be refused entry. It's also a really modernised "gangster" d&b event, slutty girls half dressed everywhere.
Thank you for replying so quickly!
1st reply is chatting almost 100% breeze. smh

What is the line up?

Post pictures of outfits (doesn't have to be you) that you feel comfortable/sexy in and I'll let you know which are appropriate.
Reply 4
Original post by iceagespiceage
its at an o2 arena and there is security everywhere, and its a modified ID, so the hologram is wearing off, dont want to travel far just to be refused entry. It's also a really modernised "gangster" d&b event, slutty girls half dressed everywhere.
Thank you for replying so quickly!

a rave in the O2 arena? my oh my how the tables have turned. well in that case I assume security will be tight. I went to a house "rave" there on new years once and it was a load of ****e. They didn't scan IDs but for the space they had and all the potential they didn't put up much of a show... think my one was hosted by AudioWhores but yours probably won't. the Hosting company is usually a better identifier than the venue. Still the deal at o2 for me has always been check IDs but not scan them.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
1st reply is chatting almost 100% breeze. smh

What is the line up?

Post pictures of outfits (doesn't have to be you) that you feel comfortable/sexy in and I'll let you know which are appropriate.

FULL SHADOW DEMON COALITION - TRIGGA, BASSMAN, SHAYDEE & DJ SLY FT PRETTY P - PLUS ANONYMOUS GUEST

MICKY FINN with MC SPYDA

BRYAN GEE & JJ FROST with MC TRIGGA & EVIL B

SUBZERO & LOGAN D with MC EKSMAN & SKIBADEE

GUV with MC SHABBA

BROCKIE with DET & RAGGA TWINS
RUFFSTUFF & IC3 & FUNSTA & FOXY

TURNO B2B PACSO with KOMBO & BUDAH JUDAH

GARRY K with PRESHA

PROPZ AND ROWNEY with TODDLAH

Room 2

ESCAPE, DFR SHOWCASE, GREY MATTA, SALVAGE, JAMMIN & TRINGY, CROOKED LANEZ, G-BOID

MCs TNT, AC, BUSTA, SPARTANZ, BRADEZ, PANDA DANGA, HARIBO, PANNA, CRAZY, T.DOT

PLUS ANONYMOUS GUESTS .

^ thats the line up.
i was thinking high wasted levi shorts, black//white thea trainers, and a lace belly/crop top. havent got pictures yet.
OK, cool. Well this might give you a clue as to the type of people that go to these nights and the clothes they wear.

tbh nobody is going to be watching you that closely to really care...unless you want them to :wink:

If you are going to be naughty and do illegal things then you are going to look a wreck as the night runs on anyway. Don't wear to much make up, keep hydrated but don't drink too much, take breaks in the smoking area even if you don't smoke. Stay safe.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
OK, cool. Well this might give you a clue as to the type of people that go to these nights and the clothes they wear.

tbh nobody is going to be watching you that closely to really care...unless you want them to :wink:

If you are going to be naughty and do illegal things then you are going to look a wreck as the night runs on anyway. Don't wear to much make up, keep hydrated but don't drink too much, take breaks in the smoking area even if you don't smoke. Stay safe.

youre a star!
good job i only wear lip stick and eyebrow powder ay! aha. Thank you for your help my dear!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending