The Student Room Group

Does anyone go to these Universities?

Does anyone go to the following universities or know someone who does and could tell me what it’s like to be a student there.These are the five I have narrowed it down to and hope to attend on in September 2016.
- Aberystwyth University
- Plymouth University
- University of Reading
- Staffordshire University
- University College Birmingham
I think there are loads of people who go to those Universities..
Original post by luc-the-moose
Does anyone go to the following universities or know someone who does and could tell me what it’s like to be a student there.These are the five I have narrowed it down to and hope to attend on in September 2016.
- Aberystwyth University
- Plymouth University
- University of Reading

What course do you hope to study?
- Aberystwyth University
- Plymouth University
- University of Reading

Yup! Anything you want to know specifically?
Original post by University College Birmingham

Hiya luc :smile:

I go to UCB, what are you interested in studying?

Regarding your question on what it's like to study there, in my opinion it's amazing. It's actually quite a small uni in size compared to others, but that makes it a lot cosier so you can make friends with people in all different yrs, an you get to know the lecturers pretty well too. We have 2 halls of residence, and this yr we've got a 2 week line up for freshers- so it's exciting to think about what next yrs freshers will be like if you choose to go here.

Plus theres lots of societies to join, we have a salon so you can have hair/makeup done by students who are on hair/make up courses. We've got 2 restaurants which have won awards, and theme nights in them throughout the yr, and you get lots of support with placements, study abroad exchanges, looking for job etc. We have 3 campus in the centre on Birmingham so its really close to lots of amazing things to see & do. I love being a UCB student :smile: I no there's a lot of info there but hopefully it gives you some info about what its like to study here :smile:

you can always read my blog if you want to know more about life at UCB- debbyatucb.wordpress.com

Deb xx
Reply 5
Original post by University College Birmingham

I was hopping to do Childhood Studies.
Reply 6
Original post by bumblebee342
Yup! Anything you want to know specifically?

Just anything and everything
Just anything and everything

Well I love it. We have 2 campuses (main campus and a campus primarily for the education courses) with bars, a gym, a really good SU and tonnes going on in terms of sports and societies. Loads of different halls, so you can find something that suits you and how much you're willing to spend. Cohort sizes vary, I'm on a course of under 60 whereas there's some courses with hundreds of people. I rarely go to main campus or walk into the library without seeing someone I know though.

I find Reading great as a town as well. They have just about everything in terms of shops and restaurants, there's some decent clubs/bars and you can get on a train and be in central London in half an hour, if that appeals to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending