The Student Room Group

Girls: why don't you just say how you feel about someone?

???
Its just the way that they are wired. When they get older they become more honest, but youngsters are a hot bed of deception. They think that they are being nice by fudging the truth a little, but they don't realise that they aren't helping at all. Women are more prone to telling lies about other people than themselves. This means that they will lie to someone if they think that the lie will defend someone. Sometimes, to them, it means lying to a person to not hurt their feelings, which for women is fine, but for men is counterintuitive to the way we work.
My two cents.
Info gathered from a TEDTalk.
Reply 2
After a year of no communication after we broke up, it was me how said how I felt first to my ex (partner now) and that is what got us back together. I prefer when the guy comes out with their feelings first but in that point, it felt right to say it first, probably because I knew he felt the same even though he hadn't said it. It worked out well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For a myriad of reasons. I suppose fear of rejection, social norms and gender roles, fear of misinterpreting the situation, fear of ruining a friendship, unrequited love, the awkwardness of being rejected and having to be around the person, not being the persons type etc. Feelings are a mind field my friend.
Reply 4
Original post by Buchladen
For a myriad of reasons. I suppose fear of rejection, social norms and gender roles, fear of misinterpreting the situation, fear of ruining a friendship, unrequited love, the awkwardness of being rejected and having to be around the person, not being the persons type etc. Feelings are a mind field my friend.

This is perfect.
We can say how we feel, you know, if we trust you to not react the way we don't want you to. I'm completely honest to my boyfriend now which I guess is a good sign. :smile: if you want to coach out how she feels from her, just ask her how she feels, hugs and stuff. Romance and happiness obviously helps.
Reply 5
She probably thinks if you're so socially inept that you can't tell how she's feeling, you aren't worth her time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending