The Student Room Group

Accept Aberdeen or wait for Oxford

Hello, I am posting in order to get advice for a difficult decision. This year I received 5 offers from universities to study law, including Oxford, with my predicted grades of A*A*A, however I received AAB. This was extremely frustrating as every exam I took for the past two years I received an A in, including History in which I got a B, except for one exam in which I got a D! I have never done so badly in my life, and its extremely disheartening. I went for a remark and it didn't change at all! I'm now waiting for the paper back to see where I went on. I emailed Oxford who have said they will keep my place until the 25th of September. I also hold a place at Aberdeen University which start on the 7th of September, but will let me in with AAB as well as holding my place until the 25th of September. I now cannot decide whether to try again for Oxford next year (who said it could be worthwhile, but obviously no guarantee) of just to go to Aberdeen? Am I getting my hopes up for a year? I plan to take on another a-level as well as an EPQ, work with a QC in london and go to ghana to do volunteering in law. Obviously I will be at a disadvantage, but I will apply again to Durham and Exeter. Please help me!!
Reply 1
Definitely wait and go to somewhere like Durham if Oxford doesn't re-accept you. Especially with the experience you've got lined up for a year abroad, it would be far more beneficial than accepting a place at Aberdeen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest