The Student Room Group

Iranians burn UK/US/Israeli flags as new anti-American plaque is unveiled

Well done Obama.

A group of Iranian students burned US, British and Israeli flags outside the former US embassy in Tehran, Wednesday, as an anti-American plaque was unveiled in front of the building. The stone plate, presented by the Basij paramilitary forces, bears statements condemning the US originally issued by the Islamic Republic of Iran's late founder, Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

[video="youtube;mXBVT-GaUjg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBVT-GaUjg[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They could have at least put in a bit of effort with the flags
Rent-a-crowd of idiots being paid off by the clerical dictators. Doesn't reflect how ordinary Iranians (especially young people) feel about the West.
Original post by Democracy
Rent-a-crowd of idiots being paid off by the clerical dictators. Doesn't reflect how ordinary Iranians (especially young people) feel about the West.

Reflects the regime though - which is the most important part, given that we're currently pouring billions into their coffers and putting in place the most lax nuclear inspections known to man.

We keep hearing about these wonderful young people in Iran who love the west. I'm a bit sceptical given that my encounters with Iranian youth on their message boards suggests otherwise.
Original post by LockheedSpooky
Reflects the regime though - which is the most important part, given that we're currently pouring billions into their coffers and putting in place the most lax nuclear inspections known to man.

You say "we", but do you live in the west?

And, of course, by "pouring billions into their coffers" you mean "allowing a sovereign nation access to their own external funds/assets which were illegally frozen/taken hostage".
I find it funny that an Islamist propagandist who spends their time defending all things Islam, is questioning where I live and where my loyalties might lie :lol:
Are you referring to me? :rofl:

By "Islamist propagandist" you mean "liberal-progressive anti-theist atheist", then again - not like you to make assumptions and twist the facts to suit your warped agenda via character assassination to ignore legitimate questions!

You are an English teacher in Israel, are you not? It would certainly explain why you didn't answer the question. :smile:
Can confirm. Law hopeful is indeed an Islamist propagandist.

Spoiler

The leftists are the new Nazis, so yes - the cap fits.
Now I'm a Nazi, this just gets better and better. :rofl:

I don't even need to respond to comments like that, you do a perfect job of discrediting your arguments all by yourself.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Now I'm a Nazi, this just gets better and better. :rofl:

I don't even need to respond to comments like that, you do a perfect job of discrediting your arguments all by yourself.

I called you an "Islamist propagandist"

You wrongly mistook this to mean that I was calling you a Muslim.

You're a leftist. Leftists are in a political relationship with militant Islam. Your hero Corbyn is the prime example of this.

You are an Islamist propagandist, and an odious one at that.
Reply 9
The leftists are the new Nazis, so yes - the cap fits.

A Corbynite is an Islamist apologist.

And apart from making threads on tsr what have you done to counter these islamists?

You're a leftist. Leftists are in a political relationship with militant Islam. Your hero Corbyn is the prime example of this.

I prefer "centrist".

Jeremy Corbyn is indeed a man of great principle that has been victim of many attempts of character assassination by the papers, not dissimilar from the ignorance you peddle regarding statements he has made.

You are an Islamist propagandist, and an odious one at that.

Tell me, can one be an "Islamist propagandist" whilst regarding Islam as a deeply sexist and homophobic (and false, like all its counterparts) religion?

Let's be honest, majority of young people in the Middle East despise the west.
Reply 12
Original post by The Donut Maker

But is there a reason for this?
Original post by saeed97

Islam?

Your complete failure as a people, culture and religion? blamed on the west that is soaring ahead all the time?
Original post by The Donut Maker

Let's be honest, you're just not very bright and you've clearly underestimated the influence of globalisation and the Internet, social media etc elsewhere in the world, including the Middle East.
Reply 15
Islam?

Your complete failure as a people, culture and religion? blamed on the west that is soaring ahead all the time?

Lol, what a stupid response. Look at what western governments have done in this region over the last century and then come back to me. Idiocy is a very obvious trait you have.
You say "we", but do you live in the west?

And, of course, by "pouring billions into their coffers" you mean "allowing a sovereign nation access to their own external funds/assets which were illegally frozen/taken hostage".

Like they were going to do with our blessed oil company in 1953. And a clerical fascist dictatorship ceases to have rights that the rest of the international community does.
Original post by The Dictator
And a clerical fascist dictatorship ceases to have rights that the rest of the international community does.

I don't see what Israel have to do with this.
I don't see what Israel have to do with this.

Lol, I never mentioned Israel.
Original post by saeed97

Let's be honest, you're just not very bright and you've clearly underestimated the influence of globalisation and the Internet, social media etc elsewhere in the world, including the Middle East.

All I know is with Hitler and Nazi Germany for example no one in the west took it upon themselves to indulge in extremism after the events of WW2. If only the same could be same for the people in the Middle East. Someone in America only has to name a teddy Mohammed and there you go, another few hundred thousand become extreme.

Quick Reply