Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Astor House Plymouth??

I'm moving into Astor House probably on the 18th Sep
im in Block B, 05 - 075 - 075-6...

whats everyone elses?? Trying to find out who I am sharing halls with :biggrin:
Hi, I'm looking at accommodation right now; bit late I know. I'm thinking of Astor House. Will probably come down next week for a look, with a view to moving in on the 18th. What's it like, have you had a look around? I'm looking at a bronze en-suite. Are they small? Cheers, Brend.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I'll be moving into Astor house on the 18th as well I'm in block A though 05-012-012-5. I absolutely loved Astor house when I had a look around, I opted for a gold ensuite to get a bit more floor space but when I went to have a look around I think they showed me the bronze ensuite. It was still really nice and a good size :smile:
Hey Grace,

Happy to hear you'll be moving in with us this month!

Don't forget to join our private residence group so that you can begin to get to know your new flat mates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/527042114113750/
Reply 4
Original post by Brendanod123
Hi, I'm looking at accommodation right now; bit late I know. I'm thinking of Astor House. Will probably come down next week for a look, with a view to moving in on the 18th. What's it like, have you had a look around? I'm looking at a bronze en-suite. Are they small? Cheers, Brend.

Hiyaaa yeah i went have a look around about a few months ago. I opted for bronze en suite as well; it was really really nice, it looks exactly how its shown in the images. It is quite small but its doable really. Me and my parents were much satisfied with it its cosy and luxurious. Shared kitchen and stuff looks amaze as well :biggrin:
Hi, i'm looking at Astor House for 2017 (having a gap year) was wondering if you guys could tell me what it's like? I want to go there for first year but was worried that I won't get the same halls experience than if i was to be on campus halls? what do ou guys think would so appreciate reply x
Original post by ellieacraig
Hi, i'm looking at Astor House for 2017 (having a gap year) was wondering if you guys could tell me what it's like? I want to go there for first year but was worried that I won't get the same halls experience than if i was to be on campus halls? what do ou guys think would so appreciate reply x

Hi Ellie, just replied to you in the other thread, but posting here in case you don't see the other one.

Original post by Prodigy Living
Hi Ellie, (sorry to jump in)

If you're still considering Astor House after looking at the university accommodation, please feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

We recently asked our residents for feedback, and we've been overwhelmed with the great response that our residents have given us : https://plus.google.com/115081812411233009429/about

So we like to think that we're a great place to live. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
hiyaaaa, yeah im in the bronze suite and it does it just for me, its like living in a mini hotel. Maintenance team is really good, so whenever you need someone there's always someone at reception. Your room is reasonable space, kitchen absolutely fine just careful not to set the fire alarm off. Sky lounge and common room is very pretty and its very comfortable. I live with 5 other people and we have more than enough room.
Deffo go for Astor, I didn't bother going through the Uni's accommodation and i don't regret it either Astor is soooo much nicer and everyone is nice. It is a little pricy but in comparison to how much Plymouth charge for some of their accommodation you're deffo getting your monies worth. In terms of experience, I'm not too sure it all comes down to persoaility, like everyone gets to know everyone in Astor, me and my flatmates are friends with our neiughbours and the flat below us. I dont think there is any difference, people hold pre's and anyone attends if theres a little party anyone goes to it. Honestly, Astor is amazing, worth it deffo. You'll get the same experience because you'll socialize with people outside your flat and you'll mingle and go to others houses xx :smile: hope this helps
Thank you so much for your replies!
Original post by dani-ellia
I'm moving into Astor House probably on the 18th Sep
im in Block B, 05 - 075 - 075-6...

whats everyone elses?? Trying to find out who I am sharing halls with :biggrin:

Original post by Gracie_H
Hey I'll be moving into Astor house on the 18th as well I'm in block A though 05-012-012-5. I absolutely loved Astor house when I had a look around, I opted for a gold ensuite to get a bit more floor space but when I went to have a look around I think they showed me the bronze ensuite. It was still really nice and a good size :smile:

Hey Gracie/Dani,

How's your uni year going? Hope you're enjoying your time at Astor so far :smile:
Hi I'm looking to start uni in September and looking at Astor House for accommodation and wondered if you guys could tell me if it is popular with first year students?
Original post by Aliceplows
Hi I'm looking to start uni in September and looking at Astor House for accommodation and wondered if you guys could tell me if it is popular with first year students?

Good morning,

This year, Astor House will be around 60% first years (as the university are allocating first year students to come live with us). Normally it's more of a varied mix :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Have put my name down for an Astor en suite as my first choice for accommodation as a third year student from a partner college meaning it will be my first year living at Plymouth! Wondering if anyone knew how likely it would be to get my first choice hall, as it looks great.
Original post by ReservoirDogs123
Have put my name down for an Astor en suite as my first choice for accommodation as a third year student from a partner college meaning it will be my first year living at Plymouth! Wondering if anyone knew how likely it would be to get my first choice hall, as it looks great.

Thanks for the kind words, RD!

It would depend on the university's criteria for allocation (if they give preferences to those who live further away, allocating first year students first etc.), and how many people apply to live with us at Astor House.

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the University's accommodation team ([email protected] or +44 1752 588 644), and see if they can give you any further insight.

Good luck, and hopefully we'll see you in September :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aliceplows

Hi Alice,

We do have a mixture of academic years living with us; but the majority of our residents will be first years for 2016/2017 :smile:
SILVER ENSUITE AVAILABLE AT ASTOR HOUSE! HALF PRICE
- £67 A WEEK - All Bills included,
including free WiFi and contents insurance.

I’m unfortunately having to leave Plymouth as the course is not right for me,
I am sad to leave Astor as it is an amazing place to live.

Available from November 18th - September 18th

I’m in a flat of 9, 5 Lads and 3 Girls and they’re the best.
All first years, but ages 18,19 an 20. First Floor.

Astor House has 24/7 reception, a Sky Room for study and chill,
A Games area with Tvs and xBox, a pingpong table, poole table and
theres a laundry room on site. Theres even surfboard and bike storage is you need!
10 Minute Walk to the uni, 5 Minute walk to the Hoe and Barbican.

Astor’s Website: https://www.iqstudentaccommodation.com/student-accommodation/plymouth/astor-house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending