The Student Room Group

HNC Social Sciences

Hey! I am current studying HNC Social Sciences and I really want to go to uni in Scotland to carry on studying social sciences however I do not have a very good maths qualification. I have a 5 at standard grade and this is really worrying me!!! Does this mean I won't get in?
Reply 1
Hey :smile: I just started an HNC social sciences this week as well. I was worried about my maths grade too as I only got a C at Int 2 at school so I'm taking National 5 at college too, it'd maybe be worth your while phoning up about an evening class or something. Have you recently left school or are you a mature student though? If you're considered a mature student, I think unis would be lenient on a math qualification. What unis are you planning on applying to? Good luck with everything! :biggrin:
Hey! Yeah I was thinking of taking an evening class however between college and work I think I would be putting myself under a lot of stress to be worrying about trying to pass maths aswell. I left school 3 years ago with not the best grades however this is my third year studying social sciences at college.I'm thinking of applying to Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret abd Napier in edinburgh and not sure where else! What about you?
I am studying a Social Science degree and I got in with a Level 2 Maths Diploma that I did alongside my Social Science access course. You should ask the admissions and see what they say! You should be OK. My maths is terrible as well :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending