The Student Room Group

What to drop, hmm

AS GRADES:
Accounting: A
Chemistry: A
Mathematics: A
Biology: B (resitting a module to try get an A)

Planning to drop accounting but with a B in biology should I drop that instead?

I'm planning to do a science based degree but most of them require only 2 science based subjects ( chemistry and maths would suffice) so should I drop biology and do accounting or vice versa. Or will an Alevel in Accounting not look so good when applying for a science course?

P.S accounting is much easier than biology.
You need to read the entry requirements carefully as some science based courses require both chemistry and biology / only biology and something else / only chemistry and something else / chemistry or biology and something else. Good luck :smile:
Original post by DeadEnd_96
You need to read the entry requirements carefully as some science based courses require both chemistry and biology / only biology and something else / only chemistry and something else / chemistry or biology and something else. Good luck :smile:

Cheers for the reply

For optometry at University Of Manchester it just says AAB with 2 being from Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.

That's only 2 and I've already got 2 which are Chemistry and Maths so don't know weather to do Biology as well, people say it's very hard at A2 haha

Posted from BEHIND YOU
Have you looked at the entry requirements for other universities that you are applying for?
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Have you looked at the entry requirements for other universities that you are applying for?

Ill probably just apply to the one unfortunately. The others that do Optometry is like 2 hours away from my location. Cba with traveling haha

Posted from BEHIND YOU
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT

If they're the entry requirements for Manchester and you're only applying there (which imo is a mistake) then it doesn't really matter what you drop especially if you can get predicted an A in biology for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madmadmax321
If they're the entry requirements for Manchester and you're only applying there (which imo is a mistake) then it doesn't really matter what you drop especially if you can get predicted an A in biology for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester is the closest one to me tho, others is like 3 hours away...

Posted from BEHIND YOU
Reply 8
Original post by madmadmax321

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats wrong with manchester for optometry?
Original post by justfly
whats wrong with manchester for optometry?

nothing (though I don't know specifically for optometry) I meant that by applying for only 1 university you're putting all your eggs in one basket (several people did this for their courses and got rejected meaning they didn't have any offers and were limited to what unis were in extra and clearing)
Just make your five choices of uni and then decide from there?

Personally, would just do accounting and drop Bio if you find it hard. I'm on A2 Bio and it is pretty rigorous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT
AS GRADES:
Accounting: A
Chemistry: A
Mathematics: A
Biology: B (resitting a module to try get an A)

Planning to drop accounting but with a B in biology should I drop that instead?

I'm planning to do a science based degree but most of them require only 2 science based subjects ( chemistry and maths would suffice) so should I drop biology and do accounting or vice versa. Or will an Alevel in Accounting not look so good when applying for a science course?

P.S accounting is much easier than biology.

You want to study the eye, do biology.

But if you want to, some day, manage an Opticians, keep Accounting...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending