The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

ohsometro
^^^ how was canterbury hall socially?
& connaught/commonwealth/hughes parry are all the same really, no?

I thought it was good, not that I have anything to compare it with...

At Canterbury Hall, you only have to share your bathroom with one (or none) other person. At the others you have to share with more. Commonwealth has a reputation for being manky...

While exceptionally shy people may need to be in cramped 14-to-a-flat residences to force them meet others

How are non-SSA and GDA residences "cramped" just because they're not in an apartment layout? If anything, I've heard about how tiny SSA rooms are. Surely that's cramped...
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
intercollegiate bestest
international's cool, commonwealth for the women though.
intercollegiate bestest

Are their any 'intercollege' halls that are NOT catered. I really want to stay in halls for my first year at KCL but I'd prefer self-catered accommodation. My main campus is waterloo (as I'd studying English Lang.) so can anyone reccommend what they think would be the best accommation for me with regards to what I'd prefer. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
miss_sweetiepye
Are their any 'intercollege' halls that are NOT catered. I really want to stay in halls for my first year at KCL but I'd prefer self-catered accommodation.

I think the only intercollegiate thats not catered is Lillian Penson...and its for post-grad only. I think so anyway!
I'm looking for the same as you, doing Eng Lang & would really prefer to be in self catered; so putting Stamford St as first & GDS as second. Not sure about the rest yet!
in-between-dreams
I think the only intercollegiate thats not catered is Lillian Penson...and its for post-grad only. I think so anyway!
I'm looking for the same as you, doing Eng Lang & would really prefer to be in self catered; so putting Stamford St as first & GDS as second. Not sure about the rest yet!

You know what, I think I'm going to do the same lol. Stamford Street could not be any closer to us which is great and GDS don't sound too bad either so I'll put them as second choice. Cheers for the advice.

When you planning on putting ur accommodation application thru?
Anybody have anything to say on Nutford House?
Reply 27
Without sounding highly stereotypical and narrow minded here, can you tell me honestly whether or not the apartments/ hampstead accomodation tend to cater for the typical middle class student and the intercollegiete/other halls everyone else? Don't shoot me, its just because they are so much more expensive and I want to get a feel for the type of ppl I'll be living with! Hopefully its a real mix
harky
Without sounding highly stereotypical and narrow minded here, can you tell me honestly whether or not the apartments/ hampstead accomodation tend to cater for the typical middle class student and the intercollegiete/other halls everyone else? Don't shoot me, its just because they are so much more expensive and I want to get a feel for the type of ppl I'll be living with! Hopefully its a real mix

It pretty much is a mix. There are more international students in intercollegiate i would think.. but apart from that they are all the same. You get what you are given.
harky
Without sounding highly stereotypical and narrow minded here, can you tell me honestly whether or not the apartments/ hampstead accomodation tend to cater for the typical middle class student and the intercollegiete/other halls everyone else?

Hampstead doesn't look that expensive in comparison to the others.
miss_sweetiepye
You know what, I think I'm going to do the same lol. Stamford Street could not be any closer to us which is great and GDS don't sound too bad either so I'll put them as second choice. Cheers for the advice.

When you planning on putting ur accommodation application thru?

No problem! :smile: I'll be putting mine through just as soon as I've managed to decide what order to put the rest in!
I need to sort this out ASAP...i pray pray pray i get Stamford street...just waiting for Warwick's decision.
Reply 32
Is it based on a first come-first served system?
Reply 33
Accommodtion's done in one round I think&to be included you have to submit your apllication by 30 June. I'm doing mine right now, does anyone know if you have to list all 7 choices in order of preference or can you just make like 2 choices?
willow86
does anyone know if you have to list all 7 choices in order of preference or can you just make like 2 choices?

I think it says that if you don't put some of them down they just take all the ones that you haven't listed as of equal preference. So if you've got any preference at all it's better to put them all down.

I'm somehow locked out of the accomodation website :s-smilie: When I try and log in it says 'Your account has been deactivated. Please contact the accomodation office. Thank you'...hmmph...guess I'll ring them tomorrow!
^ it's cause you haven't picked KCL as your Firm..it says that to me too.
Dark and Lovely
^ it's cause you haven't picked KCL as your Firm..it says that to me too.

I have though. I replied to offers 2 weeks ago, and have recieved the confirmation letter from UCAS :s-smilie:
Reply 37
that happened to me too...i replied to my offers about 2 weeks before the kcl accommodation page would let me log in...i contacted the accomodation office and they said that it takes a while to transfer the information through the accomodation office and the subject department. it should let you log in soon enough.
I've just applied...put Stamford street as 1st and GDS as second. Really really hoping for Stamford street! Not getting my hopes up too much though.
Reply 39
iv also put stamford street 1st and gdsa 2nd.

Latest