The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uneschka
I second this :smile: I'm really suspicious and thinking there has to be a reason why Hampstead is so unpopular, it seems perfect other than being a bit futher out..

Exactly what I'm thinking... well lets hope this person answers our question then :biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 601
I second this :smile: I'm really suspicious and thinking there has to be a reason why Hampstead is so unpopular, it seems perfect other than being a bit futher out..

Thats the point, whereas with stand campus your paying for the location, :/ the furtherer your out of London the cheaper your accommodation
Reply 602
Original post by FinalMH
Thats the point, whereas with stand campus your paying for the location, :/ the furtherer your out of London the cheaper your accommodation

I realize that, it's just that Hampstead seems to have the nicest/biggest rooms and kitchen plus its own bar and be one of the most sociable halls in a nice area. It's also the cheapest, which makes up for the location imo. So yeah, don't get it why people always put it last. But I guess it's got something to do with a lot of people from out of town thinking anything that isn't bang in the centre is way too far out (not realizing that they will likely have to move that 'far out' in their second/third year anyway). Oh well, better for me (it's my first choice) :smile: What's yours?
Reply 603
I realize that, it's just that Hampstead seems to have the nicest/biggest rooms and kitchen plus its own bar and be one of the most sociable halls in a nice area. It's also the cheapest, which makes up for the location imo. So yeah, don't get it why people always put it last. But I guess it's got something to do with a lot of people from out of town thinking anything that isn't bang in the centre is way too far out (not realizing that they will likely have to move that 'far out' in their second/third year anyway). Oh well, better for me (it's my first choice) :smile: What's yours?

:') Hampstead lol i understand why people would put the other ones though, what campus will u be at for studying? *hopes everyone puts it last*
(edited 12 years ago)
Does anyone know how many people per bathroom it is at hampstead?
Reply 605
Original post by FinalMH
:') Hampstead lol i understand why people would put the other ones though, what campus will u be at for studying? *hopes everyone puts it last*

Haha me too! I'm doing law so I'll be at the Strand. What about you?
So hopefully we'll see each other there in September :smile:
Reply 606
Hi- does anyone else have any problems applying for accommodation? I've accepted my King's offer as firm and have recieved an acknowledgement from MyApplication saying I can now apply for accommodation but every time I try and log in it says access denied! :frown:
Original post by EvaEmm
Hi- does anyone else have any problems applying for accommodation? I've accepted my King's offer as firm and have recieved an acknowledgement from MyApplication saying I can now apply for accommodation but every time I try and log in it says access denied! :frown:

took a week for mine to work
Original post by cottonheart
Does anyone know how many people per bathroom it is at hampstead?

I emailed KCL about that about a week ago and they said:

"It really depends on which building but in general bathroom facilities are one toilet/shower per 3-6 people. Kitchens are between 12-30 people but the size of the kitchen and the facilities in the kitchen will reflect the number of users. The one on the virtual tour is shared by 20/25 residents."
Reply 609
Hello :smile: Has anyone received their confirmation after applying for their accommodation? I submitted my choices but no confirmation in the form of an email or letter has come. :confused:
Reply 610
Original post by adamlaw
Hello :smile: Has anyone received their confirmation after applying for their accommodation? I submitted my choices but no confirmation in the form of an email or letter has come. :confused:

i Submit mine about month ago and just got the email on friday
Reply 611
i never got an email for my accomm acknowledgement ... i did it one month ago.
Reply 612
Any idea how the International Hall is like?
Reply 613
Has anyone else has trouble logging into the online application thing? I firmed my King's offer the other day but I still can't log in. :frown:
Reply 614
Is there single room available for PG students inCommonwealth, Canterberry, HP and Connaught Halls, though all of them is mainly for UGs?
Reply 615
Original post by iholdthem
took a week for mine to work

It started working on monday :smile:

I'm at the strand campus and have put Wolfson house, Brian Creamer, Stanford street and hampstead in that order.
Has anyone else at the strand put similar?
Reply 616
I'm having a lot of difficulty rating accommodation as i wasn't able to visit any of it! I will be studying at the strand campus and would really appreciate any advice, by the sounds of things hampstead is most sociable but would like to know if that means the others arnt and if its quite far from central london whether people at hampstead still go out in central london? any information would be great! thank you :smile:
Reply 617
Original post by LiviS
I'm having a lot of difficulty rating accommodation as i wasn't able to visit any of it! I will be studying at the strand campus and would really appreciate any advice, by the sounds of things hampstead is most sociable but would like to know if that means the others arnt and if its quite far from central london whether people at hampstead still go out in central london? any information would be great! thank you :smile:

Hampstead is about 35min (tube+walking time) to Strand. Not that far.:smile:

I guess the Rectory is less sociable because it's only for PGs and mature UGs and just around 30 people live there. But not sure about it
what are the 5 closest residences to the Waterloo Campus

I'm thinking of SSA, Brian Creamer, GDSA, College Hall, Connaught/International Hall

Are the latter within walking distance to the Waterloo campus? because I don't fancy paying for travel on top of accommodation? :biggrin:
Reply 619
Original post by viksta1000
what are the 5 closest residences to the Waterloo Campus

I'm thinking of SSA, Brian Creamer, GDSA, College Hall, Connaught/International Hall

Are the latter within walking distance to the Waterloo campus? because I don't fancy paying for travel on top of accommodation? :biggrin:

SSA is across the street from Waterloo Campus. Brian Creamer would be about a 15 to 20 minute walk and Great Dover Street around a half-hour walk.