The Student Room Group

Question regarding teacher references

Hi I did 4 AS levels and will be dropping one...for tthe AS level subject I'm dropping I got a good grade in it but my teacher absolutely hated me because I used to skip her lessons and still do well, I am extremely worried that she'll be one of writing me a reference, will she be on my teacher references or t will she be removed because I'm no longer doing her subject?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by grassntai
Hi I did 4 AS levels and will be dropping one...for tthe AS level subject I'm dropping I got a good grade in it but my teacher absolutely hated me because I used to skip her lessons and still do well, I am extremely worried that she'll be one of writing me a reference, will she be on my teacher references or t will she be removed because I'm no longer doing her subject?

Your reference will be a composite of input from all your teachers, including the subject you dropped.
I am extremely worried

This is what is known as a life lesson. Don't irritate people who, one day, are highly likely to be in a position to either do you a good turn or upset your applecart.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your reference will be a composite of input from all your teachers, including the subject you dropped.

To the rescue again!
Reply 3

Will it balance out? I get along very well with the teachers of the other subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Good bloke
This is what is known as a life lesson. Don't irritate people who, one day, are highly likely to be in a position to either do you a good turn or upset your applecart.

To the rescue again!

I didn't irritate her I just think she is a crap teacher and found it much easier to learn the content independently through a textbook in the library, her lessons were by far the most disorganised compare to my other subjects. The fact that she's the head of her subject is a disgrace and shows how tragic my sixth form is.

I'm not the only one dropping her subject, on a personal level I find her highly narcissistic and she tried too hard to fit in the kids using terms like 'lol', I hope to never see her again and will avoid her in sixth form like the plague.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
From what I know, it's all of the teachers who taught you in your previous year get to write your reference, whether they're good or bad.
Will it balance out? I get along very well with the teachers of the other subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All subjects get equal weighting where I worked. The dropped subject gets put in the past tense, but it still has equal space. There's some tutor stuff in as well. It depends how the staff split up the job of writing reports. If the teacher couldn't stand you, she probably gave the job to the other teacher she shared the group with. That's what I did if I didn't like a kid. (I have to say that was pretty rare.)
Reply 7
All subjects get equal weighting where I worked. The dropped subject gets put in the past tense, but it still has equal space. There's some tutor stuff in as well. It depends how the staff split up the job of writing reports. If the teacher couldn't stand you, she probably gave the job to the other teacher she shared the group with. That's what I did if I didn't like a kid. (I have to say that was pretty rare.)

what was rare? u not liking the kid or teachers giving the task of writing the reference to another?
what was rare? u not liking the kid or teachers giving the task of writing the reference to another?

Not liking the kids. I was very lucky in finding most of them charming. We always split the class 50:50, and if we didn't like someone, the task would go on the other person's pile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending