The Student Room Group

*RANT*

Hi guys,

I am really worried about what I have become. I have no real friends at all and I know that it is partly 'my fault'. I am not rich, good looking, charming or particularly successful, and I am so picky! This is what gets me. I feel degraded and demeaned if I just go for 'average friends'. I have done this in the past and most of the time I just got a BIG PILE OF **** and a huge waste of time from it.
I have become so misanthropic, angry, agitated, despondent and sometimes a nasty person. I am trying to improve myself but I don't know if I would really change and be able to turn things around because of the crap upbringing and early developmental experiences.

Life is unfair. It pisses me off.
Maybe you should go to groups of stuff youre interested in like join a football team or go to dance classes or whatever you enjoy to meet people similar to you. If you're still at school/college it can be hard to make friends and it's okay to be picky! It's best to find what you actually want, one teacher once said to me 'I'm okay knowing I'm a arse sometimes because they'll be other arse's who like me for being an arse' I'm not saying you are an arse like this dude! But the point is even if you're nasty sometimes they'll be people on your wavelength :smile: Don't lose hope!
Reply 2
Original post by Animabella
Maybe you should go to groups of stuff youre interested in like join a football team or go to dance classes or whatever you enjoy to meet people similar to you. If you're still at school/college it can be hard to make friends and it's okay to be picky! It's best to find what you actually want, one teacher once said to me 'I'm okay knowing I'm a arse sometimes because they'll be other arse's who like me for being an arse' I'm not saying you are an arse like this dude! But the point is even if you're nasty sometimes they'll be people on your wavelength :smile: Don't lose hope!

Aww thank you :smile:
Well I am like you I have high standards when it comes to friends. I don't like ordinary people as I find them tedious. I had friends like this at school and I never felt anything for them really. However now I have a friend who is up to my standards in fact she surpasses them in every way. So I wouldn't settle for someone to be your friend just because you are lonely or you don't like being nasty to people. You have to come to accept yourself. I took me years to understand this is the way I am and I am different from everybody else. You will only get what you want from a friendship and feel the heightened emotional connection you want if you want to be their with the person, care about them and love them. If you don't then it is pointless.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by william walker
Well I am like you I have high standards when it comes to friends. I don't like ordinary people as I find them tedious. I had friends like this at school and I never felt anything for them really. However now I have a friend who is up to my standards in fact she surpasses them in every way. So I wouldn't settle for someone to be your friend just because you are lonely or you don't like being nasty to people. You have to come to accept yourself. I took me years to understand this is the way I am and I am different from everybody else. You will only get what you want from a friendship and feel the heightened emotional connection you want if you want to be their with the person, care about them and love them. If you don't then it is pointless.

Awesome, this is quite inspiring. :smile:
Yay to awesome friends, nah to the rest! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I am really worried about what I have become. I have no real friends at all and I know that it is partly 'my fault'. I am not rich, good looking, charming or particularly successful, and I am so picky! This is what gets me. I feel degraded and demeaned if I just go for 'average friends'. I have done this in the past and most of the time I just got a BIG PILE OF **** and a huge waste of time from it.
I have become so misanthropic, angry, agitated, despondent and sometimes a nasty person. I am trying to improve myself but I don't know if I would really change and be able to turn things around because of the crap upbringing and early developmental experiences.

Life is unfair. It pisses me off.

Go to a top 5 Russell Group uni so you can pretend for a while you're all of those things you wished you were. lol like everyone else
As someone above said, try to make friends with people with similar interests to you. You will have more in common and soon the bond will form. It must be awful growing up with a troubled childhood but please don't let it hold you back from making great friends. You will find people suited to you :smile: I am glad to hear you are striving to improve the negative traits also, don't give up. It's easy for me to sit here and say stay positive lol but I am hoping you don't feel too down about this. Everyday is a new day and a chance for happiness x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending