The Student Room Group

Which AS/A -Levels should I re-sit?

So I wasn't originally planning on going to University, and I still am not 100% sure, but I have been feeling really down about my A-Level results recently. When I got them, I was happy that I hadn't failed but was really just planning on going into work, but I think that I really want to meet new people and experience the Uni life. My A-Levels are DD (E AS English) and a Merit in ICT BTEC, which is not enough to get into decent unis, or any tbh :frown:

I'm looking into retaking some A-Levels/ AS levels, but I'm not sure which ones. My AS History was a D and a B, which made it a C overall, and my A level was a D and an E. I was thinking about re-sitting the "E" exam from A level, and the "D" exam from AS. I KNOW I can do better, all my school life i've never really pushed myself for any exam, and now i'm beating myself up over it :frown:
Reply 1
heeeeeeeyy dont worry! we all make these kinds of mistakes - like not trying hard enough etc - what matters now is doing something about it! Don't focus on the mistakes you've made.. focus on the present! Ok, so retaking sounds like a good idea - retake as many modules as you want, and hopefully it will all work out. Taking one or even two years out to retake might seem like a big deal now, but honestly in the long run, one/two years are nothing! It will be worth it! Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alex144
heeeeeeeyy dont worry! we all make these kinds of mistakes - like not trying hard enough etc - what matters now is doing something about it! Don't focus on the mistakes you've made.. focus on the present! Ok, so retaking sounds like a good idea - retake as many modules as you want, and hopefully it will all work out. Taking one or even two years out to retake might seem like a big deal now, but honestly in the long run, one/two years are nothing! It will be worth it! Good luck!! :smile:

Thanks! I don't mind re-sitting the History as I actually kind of enjoy it, but honestly the Psychology was just barely tolerable for me. Also, to massively improve my History grade, I will have to re-take the coursework side of A Level. Is that possible if I self-teach myself and just turn up for the exams in June?
Reply 3
Original post by Mrhenhen5
Thanks! I don't mind re-sitting the History as I actually kind of enjoy it, but honestly the Psychology was just barely tolerable for me. Also, to massively improve my History grade, I will have to re-take the coursework side of A Level. Is that possible if I self-teach myself and just turn up for the exams in June?

I think so, you could see if there are any young adult education courses you could join - that way, you'll have some kind of support - in terms of submitting coursework and stuff.
Reply 4
Original post by alex144
I think so, you could see if there are any young adult education courses you could join - that way, you'll have some kind of support - in terms of submitting coursework and stuff.

I've been looking at past grade boundaries, and IF I get a B in History it would only take my UCAS points up from 220 to 260, and i'm not sure if it's worth me taking 3 exams for that :/ But I guess a B is better in the job world than a D

Quick Reply