The Student Room Group

Want to do accountancy at a uni but stuck

Hello.

As it stands I'm aiming to do Accounting (mixed with finance or maths) and am struggling with deciding where I want to go. I know it is a personal decision to make but I'm looking for guidance because I've not done as well with my AS's as I should have done. In my maths I got a D overall with a top A in one module (C1) and U's in the other two ( mechanics sucks). I'm already getting A's in past papers for C2 and feel confident that I will get an A in this next year, along with good results in my C3 , C4, S1 and of course a couple of resits (best case scenario). I've dropped AS further maths also to focuse on maths. I'm taking English literature too and redoing my exam next year with the hopes of getting an A in AS and hopefully an A overall. As it stands by this time next year ( because I've dropped philosophy) I should have two A's in my A2 exams and nothing left to apply with. In this case I have an A in general studies to apply with but this is problematic because very few unis accept it as a legitimate a level. I should also pass my Welsh baccalaureate but am then stuck with picking where I want to go.

I know this has been long winded but where would you recommend for me to go with A's for English lit and maths, an A in general studies and a Welsh bacc?
Thanks again for reading and thanks especially for any guidance.
Lairy
Reply 1
OMG i cant believe you want to do accountancy thats the most boring thing you can do ever lol. Atleast do something well paid like Investment banking XD. God damn you want to do accountancy. i ought to show you a thing or two about a thing or two. let me tell you what i mean, throughout live you will have success but through success you will still have problems, let me clue you in, but the problem is theres always gona be a problem but you'll always have the success, damn i i had a good piont but i forgot, im sorry i forgot what i say.
Original post by Zzzyax
OMG i cant believe you want to do accountancy thats the most boring thing you can do ever lol. Atleast do something well paid like Investment banking XD. God damn you want to do accountancy. i ought to show you a thing or two about a thing or two. let me tell you what i mean, throughout live you will have success but through success you will still have problems, let me clue you in, but the problem is theres always gona be a problem but you'll always have the success, damn i i had a good piont but i forgot, im sorry i forgot what i say.

Thanks for replying
Original post by Zzzyax
OMG i cant believe you want to do accountancy thats the most boring thing you can do ever lol.

OMG your the most helpful person I've ever come across

General studies will be a problem, as you said many uni's wont accept it and if they do it will be as a fourth a level not one of your three. Furthermore whilst maths is not required, if you do have it as an A level they will most likely demand an A grade in it. If possible pick up philosophy again because Phil, Eng lit and Maths will make a better application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending