The Student Room Group

Help deciding A-level options

Hey everyone, looking for some advice here, I seriously cannot decide. Here's the subjects I was thinking of taking:

Maths 100% sure
Physics 100% sure
Computing 90% sure
Further maths 50% sure
Economics 50% sure.

hoping to get A* in maths and physics at GCSE, do you think that would be good enough to get a strong grade in further maths? I hope to do something in computers when i'm older (best thing I'd dream to be is a games designer or something). The main thing I can't decide between is fm and eco. Can anyone give me any info that could help me decide?

Thanks alot.
Reply 1
Some of my friends, physics graduates, work for game companies as they’re into that sort of thing. For a physics/computer science degree further maths is more useful than economics.
Reply 2
Further maths will probably be a better choice, but taking economics instead won't really hinder your application since, as far as I'm aware, it isn't a requirement for any computer science courses.

edit: Oo I just noticed your location, another posh grammar boy I see :p:. Welcome to the forums :smile:
Reply 3
So further maths is more useful, but not necesary. Can anyone give any info on economics and how useful that would be?
For Computing and realated courses, Further Maths would definitely be the better option.
Definitely further maths.
Reply 6
Further Maths, especially helpful if you end up doing a physics degree.
At least AS Further Maths
Reply 8
Further Maths.

Latest

Trending

Trending