The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

non drinking freshers :)

I'm looking for anyone, like me, going to university in Manchester, who doesn't like partying / drinking, to join our whatsapp group and we can organise our own events during freshers week :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeahhhhh, it should be fun so join our chat and hopefully we can come up with a great event or meeting so we don't feel left out 🎓✨☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hey! I'll be going to Manchester this September and I'm not much of a drinker and partier either. :/
Reply 3
Original post by Intellectuallyty
Lol, Manchester = arguably biggest party uni in the UK
You = waste of Manchester space.

If youre going to uni just for the partying, dont you think there are better things to spend 9000 a year on.
I'm probably a waste of space on this thread because I'm only going into year 13 now. However, this thread is such a great idea. I'm sure you'll find loads of people who can have fun without getting wasted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to Man and have been kind of worried about this thing. I'd love to join the group - partying and drinking is not really my style.
Reply 6
Original post by Becca_242
I'm going to Man and have been kind of worried about this thing. I'd love to join the group - partying and drinking is not really my style.

Same here!
Reply 7
Im at work right now, ill message you guys about it when i get home
Original post by johnh545
Im at work right now, ill message you guys about it when i get home

Thanks! :smile:
the party scene in manchester is really not great
This is a terrible idea. If you don't drink you will die of dehydration. What are you, some kind of hunger strikers?
Original post by cole-slaw
This is a terrible idea. If you don't drink you will die of dehydration. What are you, some kind of hunger strikers?

Don't be ridiculous. If that were the case, we'd be giving up food.

We're more like ... thirst-strikers.

Original post by Becca_242
Don't be ridiculous. If that were the case, we'd be giving up food.

We're more like ... thirst-strikers.

Still, its just as silly an idea.
I'm not mad keen on lots of partying and drinking so this sounds like a great idea :smile:
Well we have a Kik group chat where we're discussing plans so it sounds like you should join our chat!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are drinkers and club-goers invited?
This is great. I'm going to do this when I go to Uni as i'm scared i'll get influenced to drink and party just so i don't feel left out. I don't want to poison and kill my body....nice to know theres non drinkers out there.
-year 12
Killjoy
Original post by Paisley99
This is great. I'm going to do this when I go to Uni as i'm scared i'll get influenced to drink and party just so i don't feel left out. I don't want to poison and kill my body....nice to know theres non drinkers out there.
-year 12

You should drink and party, its fun and its good for you. There is no logical reason not to.
Original post by cole-slaw
You should drink and party, its fun and its good for you. There is no logical reason not to.

I wouldn't mind partying...but the logical reason for not drinking:
I don't want all the horrible health problems that come with drinking. Why do you need to drink to have fun? Alcohol is nothing but destroying yourself...you forget about your problems for a while but in the long run it leads to depression and I'm very susceptible to that so I'm not touching it.
It's also addictive...why start drinking something which you know will only destroy you and then you need to put all your energy into trying to stop drinking...It's best to not drink it in the first place.
I don't want to be party because I'll be tempted to drink...

Partying and drinking gives you emotional pleasure but not happiness.

It's like saying chocolate and sex makes you happy... the pleasure is only temporary and if you indulge too much it just makes you fed up of life imo....they don't make you happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending