The Student Room Group

best entry route to medicine for a physiotherapy graduate?

I have recently graduated with a 2:1 in physiotherapy although i do not have A-level chemistry. Can anybody suggest which entry route (ie foundation, standard or year 2 entry) I would be best to apply for to be successful? Thanks, john
Original post by john_wright
I have recently graduated with a 2:1 in physiotherapy although i do not have A-level chemistry. Can anybody suggest which entry route (ie foundation, standard or year 2 entry) I would be best to apply for to be successful? Thanks, john

I'd personally recommend Graduate entry, (although it is very very competitive and you'd need a very good UKCAT or GAMSAT score- grad entry is generally harder to get into than undergrad but don't care so much about a level subjects with exceptions), many of the medical schools don't ask for A level chemistry for grad entry so id say that would be your best bet. Most if not all undergrad courses seem to require an A level in chemistry and I can't see you being able to get into a foundation year given you have a science related degree. Also from a financial point post grad is the only degree you can get a tuition fee loan for as someone doing a second degree.

Quick Reply

Latest