The Student Room Group

How to become popular after being unpopular??

Umm well the most popular girl told everyone I had body odour issues and that I made up my own boyfriends (which I didn t she totally lied) and she did all this freshman year. Practically everyone has heard those rumours and probably think I m a complete weirdo -.- Now it s junior year and I want to climb up the popularity ladder. I m tanned, about 5 4 and well not really really pretty but pretty. How would I do this?? As in how to overrule those stupid rumours??And please don t say being popular is stupid because all this she s done to me gave me anxiety, bulimia and self harm issues. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure why you want to be popular, just be yourself and live life. If you have a nice personality I'm sure you will make good friends.
Original post by Anonymous
Umm well the most popular girl told everyone I had body odour issues and that I made up my own boyfriends (which I didn t she totally lied) and she did all this freshman year. Practically everyone has heard those rumours and probably think I m a complete weirdo -.- Now it s junior year and I want to climb up the popularity ladder. I m tanned, about 5 4 and well not really really pretty but pretty. How would I do this?? As in how to overrule those stupid rumours??And please don t say being popular is stupid because all this she s done to me gave me anxiety, bulimia and self harm issues. Thanks

How do you dress? Maybe you can change something like that? Change your hair? You really need to stop with the anxiety, bulimia and self harm. Otherwise you will never be as popular as you want to be. Maybe wear something that smells nice like perfume?

Originally I would say don't care what other people think about you. However at school it is hard you need friends and to feel secure. So people don't pick on you and make you feel bad. Also I would say be smarter than them, as in do better at university. This will mean the less smart but more popular people will have a reason to hang around with you. However you can't be bookish or a nerd. It has to seem effortless on your part.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Push her into a bus and feed her Kalteen bars

I had a little laugh at this :biggrin:
Reply 4

Kill her parents, make a meal out of them and feed it to her
Original post by Jennuitte
I had a little laugh at this :biggrin:

Why? It wasn't funny.
Original post by AzimH

:unimpressed::s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by william walker
Why? It wasn't funny.

It's funny cause it's a mean girls reference
Original post by AzimH
It's funny cause it's a mean girls reference

I have never seen that film. :colondollar:
Reply 9

Oh haha i watched it when i was young. Pretty good film though i hate to admit.

Oh, you should! But only the first one, the second is... isn't as good.
you dont need to be popular...
Most of the popular boys and girls from my secondary school are either in minimum wage or manual labour, and some of the girls have already been knocked up.
:unimpressed::s-smilie:

Omg my soul has reached the heavens LMAOOO
Reply 14
Oh, you should! But only the first one, the second is... isn't as good.

There's a second one?! Is it a low budget TV movie or an actual movie? I've never heard of it.
Original post by AzimH

My heart 😭😭
Original post by AzimH
There's a second one?! Is it a low budget TV movie or an actual movie? I've never heard of it.

"Mean Girls" is an actual movie with Lindsey Lohan, Rachel McAdams, etc. It's funny :smile:
"Mean Girls II" is also an actual movie, but with Meaghan Martin, etc. Not as good
Reply 17
"Mean Girls" is an actual movie with Lindsey Lohan, Rachel McAdams, etc. It's funny :smile:
"Mean Girls II" is also an actual movie, but with Meaghan Martin, etc. Not as good

Haha I live in a household with 3 sisters so I watched mean girls like 20 times. I never really know about mean girls 2 and from the sounds of it, I won't bother watching it. Thanks for letting me know!
(edited 8 years ago)
lol why does everyone want to be popular at school? I'd be suprised if those people are still your friends once school is over.

in my experience, it's best to stay away from the chavvy/not smart/wanna-be-oompa-loompa girls (orange tan and waaayy too much mascara look) and try to become friends with the girls who are friendly, quite smart and normal if that makes any sense lol. in my case, the girls in the highest sets were much more polite and awesome in every way, the girls in the lowest sets acted like animals lol :colone: (eg smoking because it's "cool" or hurting teachers or giving someone a broken nose) some have had like 2 or 3 babies and we're only 18.. anyways i used to be in the lower sets (like 4) then made my way up to 2, still not great lol but the people were completely different

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Charmaine944
My heart 😭😭

:heart: I have a way with words..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending