The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got 66 although I'm not really sure what it means, I tried to answer as honestly as possible :smile:
81/100 - high Machs Club anyone?
Reply 63
scored 80

Machiavelli approves
Reply 65
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Lol, I just got 97/100. I want to be a politician for the Conservatives as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try to avoid pigs before you reach that goal.
Reply 66
46/100
Original post by JozefKPilsudski
For those of you who don't know: "Niccolò Machiavelli (1469–1527) was an Italian politician and philosopher who is famous for his advocacy of political ethics that hold effectiveness as more important that morality. He is the source of the phrase "the ends justify the means".

In the 1960s, social psychologists Richard Christie and Florence L. Geis, who collected statements from Machiavelli's writings and asked people how much they agreed with each, concluded that Machiavellianism exists as a distinct personality trait. They published the MACH-IV in 1970 and it has been a popular instrument ever since."

I scored 87 out of 100 (putting me in the 'High Machs':wink:, which according to the website is the score for "people who do not believe in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of."

Does this make me a bad person? I took the test seriously and didn't find any of my responses unreasonable. Is my thinking about the world as awful as the website makes out to be? I don't consider myself a dark or twisted person, simply just realistic. Has anyone else on TSR scored this highly in the test?

Thanks.

Take the Test: http://personality-testing.info/tests/MACH-IV.php

Awww you're not a bad person... Anyway the test was really short (not many questions) so it can't really determine you to be a bad person because the questions weren't even a lot (lol hope that made sense :smile:) and I agree with you that some people may get higher scores due to the fact that they are only being realistic, so don't worry be happy~ Oh I got 49 out of 100. :smile:
My score was 57 of 100.

This puts me in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.
I got 78
How on earth does agreeing to:

"People suffering from incurable diseases should have the choice of being put painlessly to death."

give you a higher Mach score?
It's if you disagree then you should get higher lol.

This test is bull
Your score was 58 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

Reply 72
Original post by Crystalz
I got 94/100 but then again i knew i would score highly. I think Machiavellian intelligence is actually a good thing?

I have the highest so far ... so if you're a bad person OP what am i?

It means you're the bride of satan.
I think anyone who even took the test will get a score over 20.

What they said at the end is basically, anyone who even thought to take the test is Machiavellian. :erm: I just took it because bored; I'm a good girl, I am :cry:
Original post by Starvation13
How on earth does agreeing to:

"People suffering from incurable diseases should have the choice of being put painlessly to death."

give you a higher Mach score?
It's if you disagree then you should get higher lol.

This test is bull

I guess it's because you are in the end allowing someone to choose when it's quite clear you should let them stop their suffering. I'd think you're a bad person for letting someone basically commit suicide but who knows.

However, we don't know who made the damn quiz, screw them :tongue:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
I guess it's because you are in the end allowing someone to choose when it's quite clear you should let them stop their suffering. I'd think you're a bad person for letting someone basically commit suicide but who knows.

However, we don't know who made the damn quiz, screw them :tongue:

Lol ikr,. too little questions to actually mean a damn. What personality type did u get in the other one though?

I got ENFP :colondollar:

I'll reply to the story thing in a bit :smile:
Took one too and got 43/100 so low Machs. I'm really curious to meet those that got 35 and below out of 100. They must be saints x Let's become best friends :h:
I'm surprised with the scores of others, this thing couldn't be accurate. A lot of people here are decent, moral people who do actually want the better for others and themselves.
Your score was 54 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.
Reply 79
Original post by Morganblue68
37... I'm in the:

Low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

lols you have the tooth fairy as your avi....surprised your score isnt negative.

Latest