The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachel_roar
Hey guys I'm thinking of applying to Sheffield to study medicine. Do you think a score of 2750 for the UKCAT is good enough to get me an interview or a place?

YES! Are you joking? That's more than enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
UKCAT score of 2580, yay or nay?
Original post by Hectors
UKCAT score of 2580, yay or nay?

They only look at UKCAT to make sure you have over 2510 so yay, if you have that plus the academic requirements its 100% on personal statement
Reply 63
Original post by stephannalee
They only look at UKCAT to make sure you have over 2510 so yay, if you have that plus the academic requirements its 100% on personal statement

Oh yes I'm so happy, I have a fairly good personal statement so I hope I get an interview! I thought that the 2510 score was for the 2015 entry cycle and I wonder how they decided on the threshold without having the UK cat scores of all applicants in hand. Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hectors
Oh yes I'm so happy, I have a fairly good personal statement so I hope I get an interview! I thought that the 2510 score was for the 2015 entry cycle and I wonder how they decided on the threshold without having the UK cat scores of all applicants in hand. Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said at the open day they just add a few marks on to the average mark of last year :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by stephannalee
They said at the open day they just add a few marks on to the average mark of last year :smile:

I guess I'll be applying then!
Hi, i got 2600 UKCAT StJ band 4..., have 5A*, A and C in gcse (had 4 months to do them). I got 3B and 2A in As which is crap but im predictd A*A*AA in A2. Very good personal statement, but i dont know which uni to apply to. Sheffields looks pretty good but looking at other peoples comments, everyone seems better and its abit discouraging, and im kind of lost with where to apply. Thanks you :smile:
Original post by malcolmDR
Hi, i got 2600 UKCAT StJ band 4..., have 5A*, A and C in gcse (had 4 months to do them). I got 3B and 2A in As which is crap but im predictd A*A*AA in A2. Very good personal statement, but i dont know which uni to apply to. Sheffields looks pretty good but looking at other peoples comments, everyone seems better and its abit discouraging, and im kind of lost with where to apply. Thanks you :smile:

Keele? They only get rid of the bottom 5% which tends to be people in the 500s??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Keele? They only get rid of the bottom 5% which tends to be people in the 500s??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking Keele, they dont look at StJ apparently but they say no one has gotten in with STJ4 because people that get that have crap UKCAT, so ill think about it. Keele, Sheffields and Leicester maybe?
I was thinking Keele, they dont look at StJ apparently but they say no one has gotten in with STJ4 because people that get that have crap UKCAT, so ill think about it. Keele, Sheffields and Leicester maybe?

Ye id consider Leicester. You could give Keele a call but worth putting down anyway as a choice. What about Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Ye id consider Leicester. You could give Keele a call but worth putting down anyway as a choice. What about Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmm i think they need 9 gcses and i only have 7, and my ukcat was average
Mmm i think they need 9 gcses and i only have 7, and my ukcat was average

Check your points score for Leicester - I think last year's cut off was 59.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dulce_ecstasy

Posted from TSR Mobile

i get 59, only have 7 GCSEs which annoys me, so i guess i cant apply there ;/
Reply 73
Original post by dulce_ecstasy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think leicester's cut-off will go up, down or stay the same? And do they look at PS much?:smile:
Hi i got almost the same results as Malcolm above. Ukcat 2610, sjt band 4!!!! a levels exam all pending. Now im wondering if a band 4 in sjt is considered a no-go for all medical schools? Im applying for sheffield, st george, plymouth, and leicester. DO u think my choices are risky??? thanks
I'm applying here! Hi :tongue:
HI!! what are ur choices, if u dont mind?
Heyyy I got 630 average with all A predictions and 3A*s 3As and 2Bs in GCSE . Any ideas on which medical school will be lenient with these? Hoping for keele/Sheffield/hyms/Nottingham/Liverpool

Also is it true that Sheffield don't allow as resits as in planning to resit a module in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Do sheffield allow module resits over the 2 years of alevel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kdizzle97
Do Sheffield accept resit within the two years? So can I resit a Chemistry module in Year 13? :smile:

I asked this at their open day, and the admission tutor himself said that they will accept modular resits, but not a resit of a whole AS level. You should be fine to resit a module :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending