The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Problems with OUSBA

I'm studying with the OU and took 60 credits to pay for OUSBA last year (total fee £2632) with my total income on £11.4k, Which they accepted.

I'm now running a business(started in late June) alongside my job and I have two jobs, I have regular customers for my business and my total income is £15.4k (I will get more than that) which I paid for 60 credits with my own income and looking to pay for 60 more credits through OUSBA with the last two payments of OUSBA (September and November from last year's fee's) still outstanding.

For some reason, this has gone to 'referred' status and a decision is to been made by the underwriting team. I mean, for the same amount of loan for £4k less income last year I got accepted and now I'm earning much much more(and will earn more) with the same 60 module credit fee they referred me for this year?

I don't have much time left and the deadline date is 10th September. The underwriting team will make a decision in the next few days. I don't know if they believe I get that income(which I can prove) or the hire purchase from the last two payments they mistakenly think I'm paying that amount for the next 12 months.

My credit score is 30 points away from being excellent-highest it can get from Experian, I've never missed a OUSBA payment and this sounds baffling to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey,

I also had a status of 'referred' on my OUSBA loan... best thing to do, is rather than wait for them to dither around making a decision is just ring them. They do everything on the phone immediately :smile: I was told that generally it's a mistake when filling out an application (so not including your outstanding amount for instance as each successive loan includes any outstanding) that causes that.

Good luck and hope that helps!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Its all sorted now, got an email saying my loan is accepted, didn't have to phone. Phew, was stressing!
Reply 3
Original post by CompSci89
Its all sorted now, got an email saying my loan is accepted, didn't have to phone. Phew, was stressing!

Yay :biggrin:

Sorry my post was so confusing (I've just read it back) but I was trying to reply as quickly as possible!

What are you studying btw? Good luck with your studies :smile:
Reply 4
I'm studying Computer Science, very passionate about a career in IT.
Reply 5
Original post by CompSci89
I'm studying Computer Science, very passionate about a career in IT.

Awesome, I'll be studying an MSc in Computing (Software Engineering) have fun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest