The Student Room Group

Hand written application forms?

If an application form has doted lines, delete and tick as appropriate areas would you assume they would like the application form for a TC to be handwritten?
Reply 1
Not necessarily. If the application was available online and no preference was stated on the website I would probably type it myself but that is just me.

I have found that applications quite often state 'type' as the preference but I am yet to see one that states a preference for applications to be handwritten. Typing will allow your application to be read easier and gives a 'tidier' appearance. If they have not stated a preference either way then I would definitely go for type written but like I say, that's just me.
Original post by lawgrad121
If an application form has doted lines, delete and tick as appropriate areas would you assume they would like the application form for a TC to be handwritten?

No. I would only assume this if they said 'handwrite the application' - who does this?

I have heard of ONE firm who does a handwritten cover letter but not the whole app.

So, just type the darn thing! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending