The Student Room Group

German help!

I haven't done German all summer and I'm trying to do this questionnaire for my new school so could someone help with the german?

I'm trying to say:

'In my free time I try to relax. Therefore I like listening to music or watching tv. I am addicted to 'Friends' because it is very funny and you become attached to the characters. Moreover i like to meet with my friends. For example we often go to the cinema. In the evenings i sometimes work in a pub where i wash up. In addition i have recently started playing the Cello.'

German: 'In meiner Freizeit, versuche ich zu entspannen. Deshalb, höre ich gerne Musik oder Fernsehen. Ich bin süchtig nach “Friends’ denn es ist sehr lustig und ihr werdet an die Charaktere hängen. Außerdem treffe ich mich gern mit meinen Freunden. Zum Beispiel gehen wir oft ins Kino. Abends, arbeite ich manchmal in einer Kneipe, wo ich den Abwasch mache. Zusätzlich habe ich in letzter Zeit angefangen, Cello spielen.'

If anyone could offer a better translation/correct anything i'd be grateful :smile:
Original post by H4nn4h_R
I haven't done German all summer and I'm trying to do this questionnaire for my new school so could someone help with the german?

I'm trying to say:

'In my free time I try to relax. Therefore I like listening to music or watching tv. I am addicted to 'Friends' because it is very funny and you become attached to the characters. Moreover i like to meet with my friends. For example we often go to the cinema. In the evenings i sometimes work in a pub where i wash up. In addition i have recently started playing the Cello.'

German: 'In meiner Freizeit, versuche ich zu entspannen. Deshalb, höre ich gerne Musik oder Fernsehen. Ich bin süchtig nach “Friends’ denn es ist sehr lustig und ihr werdet an die Charaktere hängen. Außerdem treffe ich mich gern mit meinen Freunden. Zum Beispiel gehen wir oft ins Kino. Abends, arbeite ich manchmal in einer Kneipe, wo ich den Abwasch mache. Zusätzlich habe ich in letzter Zeit angefangen, Cello spielen.'

If anyone could offer a better translation/correct anything i'd be grateful :smile:

hi,
your translation is quite good and the things I changed were not necessarily wrong. If you have questions about the changes, just ask.

'In meiner Freizeit, (no comma here) versuche ich zu entspannen, deshalb, (no comma) höre ich gerne Musik oder schaue Fernsehen. Ich bin süchtig nach “Friends’, denn es ist sehr lustig und ihr werdet euch in die Charaktere verlieben. Außerdem treffe ich mich gern mit meinen Freunden und wir gehen dann oft zusammen ins Kino. Abends, (no comma) arbeite ich manchmal in einer Kneipe, wo ich den Abwasch mache. Und ich habe vor Kurzem angefangen, (no comma) Cello zu spielen.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending