The Student Room Group

Psychology

Okay so my induction day didn't go as well I wanted because I wasnt able to do all the subjects I wanted so I had to do psychology, sociology, IT and English so if I did really well in these subjects would i still be able to get into a good university?
Reply 1
Someone?!
What do you want to study at University?
Reply 3
Original post by jessyjellytot14
What do you want to study at University?

Psychology
Not to panic you but I would have thought you needed a something like maths as well to do psychology at uni? I don't do psychology but some of my friends do and I'm just repeating what they have said.
Reply 5
English literature or lit and lang, or just language?
Having psychology and English literature - you'll be fine.
To be honest the other subjects are not "hard" subjects but that's irrelevant it's not going to affect your application one bit. Just don't drop psychology as that's the one science you'll need to meet the entry requirements for any psychology course.
Reply 6
Original post by funkymonster
Not to panic you but I would have thought you needed a something like maths as well to do psychology at uni? I don't do psychology but some of my friends do and I'm just repeating what they have said.

Nah you don't need maths, they ask for one science and class psychology as one, so the thread starter will be fine :smile: I am just about to start BSc psychology and my offer was given irregardless of maths.
Original post by Nmys
Nah you don't need maths, they ask for one science and class psychology as one, so the thread starter will be fine :smile: I am just about to start BSc psychology and my offer was given irregardless of maths.

Oh okay I didn't mean to panic anyone :smile:
Original post by RomNoob
Okay so my induction day didn't go as well I wanted because I wasnt able to do all the subjects I wanted so I had to do psychology, sociology, IT and English so if I did really well in these subjects would i still be able to get into a good university?

"Most conditional offers made by the Cambridge Colleges require A*A*A at A Level (or equivalent) for undergraduate science courses (excluding Psychological and Behavioural Sciences), and A*AA for arts courses and Psychological and Behavioural Sciences."- from cambridge.
your better looking at the course requirements for psychology of many different unis. some just say they want AAA (for example) and only require one or two subject related a-levels. your doing psychology which you will need.
sociology is a good combination with that and makes you see things from different perspectives which will be useful and english is very analytical. and IT is always useful but not necessarily important.
so yes, id say u would. but look at what unis say specifically about their psychology course.
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=psychology
Reply 9
Original post by Nmys
English literature or lit and lang, or just language?
Having psychology and English literature - you'll be fine.
To be honest the other subjects are not "hard" subjects but that's irrelevant it's not going to affect your application one bit. Just don't drop psychology as that's the one science you'll need to meet the entry requirements for any psychology course.

English literature
Reply 10
Original post by HPanimadPJO
"Most conditional offers made by the Cambridge Colleges require A*A*A at A Level (or equivalent) for undergraduate science courses (excluding Psychological and Behavioural Sciences), and A*AA for arts courses and Psychological and Behavioural Sciences."- from cambridge.
your better looking at the course requirements for psychology of many different unis. some just say they want AAA (for example) and only require one or two subject related a-levels. your doing psychology which you will need.
sociology is a good combination with that and makes you see things from different perspectives which will be useful and english is very analytical. and IT is always useful but not necessarily important.
so yes, id say u would. but look at what unis say specifically about their psychology course.
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=psychology

Thanks for the info!!

Quick Reply

Latest