The Student Room Group

When can you send in your 2016 application through UCAS?

Was wondering the date you can send it in, or if you can already send it in now?
Original post by snowflake39
Was wondering the date you can send it in, or if you can already send it in now?

I think it's been open since September 1st.
You can send it in now, but there is no hurry, and it is better to wait a bit so that you can get your PS in the best possible shape and be really certain that you have made 5 sensible choices. Most people apply in November/December.

As long as you apply before the mid-January UCAS deadline then you are guaranteed 'equal consideration; this means that all applications stand exactly the same chance of an offer whenever they were submitted. Unis do not make all their offers early on and 'run out' by November. So, dont panic and submit a weak application when actually waiting until November might have meant your application was in better shape and you might have actually got an offer. You only get one chance at this - make sure its the best application possible.
Reply 3
Original post by returnmigrant
You can send it in now, but there is no hurry, and it is better to wait a bit so that you can get your PS in the best possible shape and be really certain that you have made 5 sensible choices. Most people apply in November/December.

As long as you apply before the mid-January UCAS deadline then you are guaranteed 'equal consideration; this means that all applications stand exactly the same chance of an offer whenever they were submitted. Unis do not make all their offers early on and 'run out' by November. So, dont panic and submit a weak application when actually waiting until November might have meant your application was in better shape and you might have actually got an offer. You only get one chance at this - make sure its the best application possible.

Thanks, and yes that's true but since I'm applying to Oxbridge the deadline for me is October 15th haha so I'll be submitting my application one of these weeks since I've practically finished my personal statement and all the other parts of the application. Was just wondering when UCAS would open it, but no problem :biggrin: I'll probably send it next week or something
Original post by snowflake39
Thanks, and yes that's true but since I'm applying to Oxbridge the deadline for me is October 15th haha so I'll be submitting my application one of these weeks since I've practically finished my personal statement and all the other parts of the application. Was just wondering when UCAS would open it, but no problem :biggrin: I'll probably send it next week or something

Remember that you don't have to add your non-Oxbridge choices now - you can add these later and this gives you more time to think/consider, and for some people they have their response from Oxbridge early, and can then adjust their choices accordingly.

Its still worth waiting until October before pressing that final button, There really is no advantage at all in a September application. UCAS doesnt send any new application data to Unis until mid-Sept and many Unis will not actually start looking at it until October. It doesnt mean you will get an earlier decision either - its not uncommon for those applying this early (to Oxbridge or anywhere else) to still have to wait until next March for a decision. Remember once you have submitted it, thats it, you can't change any part of it.
Reply 5
Remember that you don't have to add your non-Oxbridge choices now - you can add these later and this gives you more time to think/consider, and for some people they have their response from Oxbridge early, and can then adjust their choices accordingly.

Its still worth waiting until October before pressing that final button, There really is no advantage at all in a September application. UCAS doesnt send any new application data to Unis until mid-Sept and many Unis will not actually start looking at it until October. It doesnt mean you will get an earlier decision either - its not uncommon for those applying this early (to Oxbridge or anywhere else) to still have to wait until next March for a decision. Remember once you have submitted it, thats it, you can't change any part of it.

That's true, you're right. I'll take my time and make sure everything is how I want it to be before submitting it. Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 6
I don't think you can actually send it yet - I've completed all sections of my application as I started my personal statement last month and the Pay/Send button is still greyed out. I believe it said somewhere on the UCAS website that applications can be sent 'mid-September' but they haven't given any specific date!
Please remember there are no prizes available for 'the first one apply' or 'the first one to get an offer.
This isn't a competition.

And given that your application may not even be read until January, what on earth is the hurry?
Reply 8

Hello,
Does this mean that I can choose 1 or 2 unis and press the final button to send my application to them and pay UCAS and let my referee write my reference, and then later on before January I can choose another 3 or 4 unis and send my application to them?
Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by slac93
I don't think you can actually send it yet - I've completed all sections of my application as I started my personal statement last month and the Pay/Send button is still greyed out. I believe it said somewhere on the UCAS website that applications can be sent 'mid-September' but they haven't given any specific date!

I asked this in a previous thread they should give a date but think applications should be sent next week
Reply 10
returnmigrant, I'm 22 so, in effect, I have had 4 years to consider my choices and fill out my application lol...
Please remember there are no prizes available for 'the first one apply' or 'the first one to get an offer.
This isn't a competition.

And given that your application may not even be read until January, what on earth is the hurry?

There is no hurry and no one is competing. I was a previous healthcare student and I helped with interviews and selection days as an ambassador. We were interviewing from as early as November which can only be done if you applied before that date. Early interviews can get you offers earlier so you can focus on your studies and not compulsively check your emails - or worry, which will affect your studies and subsequently entry into your first choice.

RE applying for 2016, I am reapplying for a different HCP course for 2016 entry and I just this very hour finished my application including reference and I am unable to 'pay and send'. I THINK the date is around 16-18th but actually calling/emailing UCAS will bring about an answer. Maybe even ask on their FB page? I am applying for a March start as my first choice so I'd just like to send it and book time off from work for any interviews I may receive and get on with it.

Good luck and well done for being organised.

Quick Reply

Latest