The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try Badoo, maybe in UK there's not a bunch of creepy people like here in Czech :biggrin: and I think it's good to try, maybe someone with the same hobbies is trying too...But I prefer normal way of meeting personally...
Reply 2
Original post by Roubass
Try Badoo, maybe in UK there's not a bunch of creepy people like here in Czech :biggrin: and I think it's good to try, maybe someone with the same hobbies is trying too...But I prefer normal way of meeting personally...

yeah I prefer meeting people in person too I'm just working long hours, and also most dating groups are for people 25/30 or older in Bristol :s-smilie:

Haven't tried Badoo any good? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
yeah I prefer meeting people in person too I'm just working long hours, and also most dating groups are for people 25/30 or older in Bristol :s-smilie:

Haven't tried Badoo any good? :biggrin:

I tried it, and I had it for a few days, but none really interested me... Also, we don't have it here in Czech, but I saw it in the USA, group of people who doesn't know each other meets on a place and they are changing each other's like you can talk to one person just five mins and after this ,,game'' is finished you can choose someone to talk with more :smile:...Don't know if this is in Bristol...
Reply 4
Original post by Roubass
I tried it, and I had it for a few days, but none really interested me... Also, we don't have it here in Czech, but I saw it in the USA, group of people who doesn't know each other meets on a place and they are changing each other's like you can talk to one person just five mins and after this ,,game'' is finished you can choose someone to talk with more :smile:...Don't know if this is in Bristol...

Speed dating game :smile: yes most of those are for older people in Bristol sadly.. I'm just graduated I'll look though.

Have you tried any other dating apps/sites? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Bump
I've talked to some people on tinder and they're really nice, and a lot of people have got into long term relationships through them.
Try it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are for Oriental guys. :frown:
Reply 8
I'm a girl, early 20s, never had a bf though I get attention. Settling down for my first job soon and moving to Bristol (new city) so nows the time :banana:

I was thinking of trying dating apps (any better suggestions than Tinder?), sites, etc. Suggestions? Is it a waste of time :smile:

As a woman dating sites should be kind to you (a horde of desperate men will validate you whether you look like a model or like your last acting role was as Miss Piggy) so sign upto a few (Tinder, Plenty of Fish and Ok Cupid are all free).

Just remember though that people on dating sites are picking the person they meet almost exclusively based on looks so unless you meet a dozen people it's probable that a those you meet will be inferior males that just want sex. If you keep at it though, you'll find the diamond in the pack.
Reply 9
I'm a girl, early 20s, never had a bf though I get attention. Settling down for my first job soon and moving to Bristol (new city) so nows the time :banana:

I was thinking of trying dating apps (any better suggestions than Tinder?), sites, etc. Suggestions? Is it a waste of time :smile:

OkCupid—and more casually, Tinder—are the only free-sites worth bothering with. Just about everything else amounts to a protracted exercise in sadomasochism; in some cases, quite literally.
Original post by snowystarks
I've talked to some people on tinder and they're really nice, and a lot of people have got into long term relationships through them.
Try it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, will most of the guys just want sex tho? :smile:
Original post by Profesh
OkCupid—and more casually, Tinder—are the only free-sites worth bothering with. Just about everything else amounts to a protracted exercise in sadomasochism; in some cases, quite literally.

Thanks, I heard Tinder mostly had guys looking for sex; is OKCupid a decent site, though?

Might try speed dating as there are quite a few things in Bristol, still gonna get a decent amount of people who just want sex tho.

That last link :rofl:
Look I know online dating is booming but nothing beats real life..
Tinder is just guys looking for a casual hookup.

Either way you'll be bombarded on any site you go on if you post decent pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Tinder is just guys looking for a casual hookup.

Either way you'll be bombarded on any site you go on if you post decent pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are there any sites which aren't? (srs) :smile:

would i be better off posting worse looking photos on purpose but doing a good "about me" to weed out the guys who are just looking for sex?
Look I know online dating is booming but nothing beats real life..

Why are you anon?
Are there any sites which aren't? (srs) :smile:

would i be better off posting worse looking photos on purpose but doing a good "about me" to weed out the guys who are just looking for sex?

All men want sex, the trick is whether your capable of finding one you can hold onto.
Reply 17

if you're a guy dating sites/apps can be a tiring and frustrating experience, but if you're a girl (of at least average attractiveness) dating apps/sites are a effective way to meet a number of potential quality partners. Go for it.
Reply 18
Genuine dating I'd say: Plenty Of Fish, Match.com, eHarmony.

Being a girl most sites will be much nicer to you just how it goes, as most people have mentioned

Saying that you will always find guys that just want a casual hook up, it's just cruising through to find someone you want to date.
Original post by LazyB
Genuine dating I'd say: Plenty Of Fish, Match.com, eHarmony.

Being a girl most sites will be much nicer to you just how it goes, as most people have mentioned

Saying that you will always find guys that just want a casual hook up, it's just cruising through to find someone you want to date.

thanks :smile: yeah i thought girls got loads of dick pics/creeps on most sites lol, but those sound good :biggrin:

Latest