The Student Room Group

Can I improve on my C C C grade?

So, I didn't really try that hard for my AS exams and achieved C (sociology) C (business studies) C (English literature) but I got A B U in business therefore re-sitting the U, but is it realistic to achieve BBB overall at A2? And will universities asking for BBB accept me when applying to them even though I got all C's?
Original post by Harrisonharrison
So, I didn't really try that hard for my AS exams and achieved C (sociology) C (business studies) C (English literature) but I got A B U in business therefore re-sitting the U, but is it realistic to achieve BBB overall at A2? And will universities asking for BBB accept me when applying to them even though I got all C's?

I got ABCD and i got all 5 offers from my uni's and they all asked for AAB-ABB, so im sure you'll be fine as they go on what you're predicted and not so much your actual AS grades :tongue:
Reply 2
If you work hard, there's no reason why you can't improve your grades. Your teachers may also predict you a grade higher than what you achieved, so you'd have predicted BBB, but that's something you need to talk to them about.

You can probably be predicted one grade higher than what you got so if the requirements of the courses is BBB you might get accepted. However, it really depends on the course and the university. There's no guarantee you'll be accepted even if you were predicted the required grades.
At AS, I got BBC and applied for courses with grades like AAB. I got all of my offers and despite only getting BBB at A2 I still got accepted. Anything is possible!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjohnston
At AS, I got BBC and applied for courses with grades like AAB. I got all of my offers and despite only getting BBB at A2 I still got accepted. Anything is possible!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right! thanks for that, guess there is hope after all. May i ask which uni do you go too?
Ah right! thanks for that, guess there is hope after all. May i ask which uni do you go too?

I go to Stranmillis University College for primary education! It's in Northern Ireland :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest