The Student Room Group

Would you stop talking to someone if they got better exam results than you?

one of my friends has been really off with me since I did quite a bit better in my alevels than her. She hasn't even congratulated me and hasn't replied to my texts about meeting up before I move to uni.

A couple of my other 'friends' have been giving me similar treatment.

so I'm curious!

Scroll to see replies

Of course I would, I'm a jealous little b****
I'd be jealous and a right bitch ngl

But I'd come around soon enough, it's childish if they keep it up for much longer once you go back to school/sixth form/college
Depends. If you were literally rubbing it in everyone's faces and being horrible about it, then yes.

Otherwise it's natural to feel a bit jealous but nothing major.
Original post by Anonymous
one of my friends has been really off with me since I did quite a bit better in my alevels than her. She hasn't even congratulated me and hasn't replied to my texts about meeting up before I move to uni.

A couple of my other 'friends' have been giving me similar treatment.

so I'm curious!

If she got DDD and was gutted about it, and you got ABB and were 'gutted' about not getting A*AB then I'd be pissed at you, but me being me I wouldn't ignore you.

I don't see how you can just stop talking to someone over exam results. They're nothing that important.
I wouldn't bother with those 'friends' if I was you.
Seems like one of the stupidest reasons to cut off contact with someone.
No
I would use them to better my knowledge :teehee:
no
lol what a goat. How is that a reason to stop talking to someone.
Quite a childish thing to do tbh.
if someone did what my old friend did whereby they don't speak to you all summer and then text you on results day asking what you got just so they can state they did better than you by one grade then yes I wouldn't speak to that person. EITHER WAY MY UNI IS 60 PLACES HIGHER AND BETTER SO SUCK IT.
I wouldn't stop talking to you. Some of my friends got better results than me and I also got better than others, and we all still speak to each other.

It may be that they just need time to get used to their results and will speak to you when ready
I want to say 'no of course not' but tbh I do get very jel of people who do better than me and so do many others. Just don't rub it in her face and she'll get over it.
The smart thing would be to talk to you more and get tips for the next exam smh. They need to grow up.
patience
Reply 16
No. The only way I would is if the person was saying that they didn't do well and were disappointed, that's annoying.

Trust me if they are ignoring you over this they are aren't the friends that you want to keep around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only on TSR...

Spoiler

they're not rely your friends then. my friends are slightly smarter so if i get an A, they'd get an A* and i've never felt jealous because they do better by revising unlike me>_< so yea
As long as you're not being all tsr-y and sobbing over your 99% in maths then no.

Your friend is being an idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending