The Student Room Group

AS and A2 OCR AQA EDEXCEL

so i am taknig ocr chem and bio and my teachers have told me that both a2 and as will be taken in the second year is this the same for all ocr exams and just like to ask if this applies to edexcel economics and edexcel maths ... really need to know asap cheers x
Reply 1
Original post by Synonym
so i am taknig ocr chem and bio and my teachers have told me that both a2 and as will be taken in the second year is this the same for all ocr exams and just like to ask if this applies to edexcel economics and edexcel maths ... really need to know asap cheers x

It applies for all domestic exam boards (AQA, Edexcel. OCR, CCEA and WJEC) for Biology, Chemistry and Economics. It will not apply to Maths for another 2 years.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
It applies for all domestic exam boards (AQA, Edexcel. OCR, CCEA and WJEC) for Chemistry and Economics. It will not apply to Maths for another 2 years.

thanks for the reply ; so say if your taking aqa chem and bio only chem will require you to take all the exams at the end of the 2 years correct ? and for bio it will be first year AS and second year A2 regardless of exam boards ?
No. The A level reforms mean the majority of subjects have changed to linear, where the exams are at the end of two years. Biology, Chemistry and Economics will all be taught this way, regardless of exam board. Some qualifications, such as maths, are not changing this year, so this will stay as normal.
Reply 4
Original post by Synonym
thanks for the reply ; so say if your taking aqa chem and bio only chem will require you to take all the exams at the end of the 2 years correct ? and for bio it will be first year AS and second year A2 regardless of exam boards ?

Biology is the same as Chemistry and Economics - all at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest