The Student Room Group

Mecca closed to millions of Muslim refugees - Why?

there is amajor humanitaran crisis going on, with millions of desperate people on the move - vast majority muslims fleeing various islamic countries - europe is under pressure to take moreof them and upsetting pictures of children now seems to be pushing the non muslim worlds morality button to act .

question is where is this morality in the islamic world? Mohammed invaded and conquered mecca to be the muslims first home of islam. But mecca has accepted exactly zero muslim refugees, the arab stats of saudi, qatar, bahrain, UAE etc all also not accepting any and these muslims are not fleeing there, they are fleeing to the non-muslim world to setup new lives.

Why doesnt the muslims world rise up as a group and attack mecca and force the saudis to let muslim refugees in - they make more fuss about a strip of land outside israel- and ignore the sufferring of millions of their so called' muslims brothers'
It's only the gulf Arab ones that don't take in refugees.
Jordan and Lebanon have some of the biggest refugee populations in the world.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Saudi leaders. I don't expect anything less from them.
Saudi can't do anything. Shame on them.
Shame on the international community for not pressurizing these bandits for not doing their international duty towards people of the region. Everyone is scared to say things due to straining relations which could stop the oil from pouring in. Despotic state also bombards Yemen, murdering its many civilians, and does not offer a single home to the refugees its created but obviously offers extremely expensive sports cars to the fighter jet pilots who drop the bombs..
Reply 5
It's a problem of design: put simply, bingo halls were never really envisioned with this sort of capacity in mind.
Im sure most muslims including myself and pretty much every friend of mine is annoyed at the saudi government/royal family etc.
They couldn't care less, they are all money.
Original post by Ravenous
It's only the gulf Arab ones that don't take in refugees.
Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon have some of the biggest refugee populations in the world.

Pakistan, iran and turkey aren't arab.
But woop for mentioning Lebanon <3 :biggrin:
Original post by cuppacoffee
Pakistan, iran and turkey aren't arab.
But woop for mentioning Lebanon <3 :biggrin:

Yeah but he was talking more in terms of Muslims overall I think..
Original post by Ravenous
Yeah but he was talking more in terms of Muslims overall I think..

Oh if that's the case cool den init.
Because it's far easier/simplistic/self-righteous/profitable/self-validating to piss on your fellow Muslims and then blame The West/infedels/"Zionists" (Jews) for all your/the Muslim world's problems.

There, I just gave you a condensed history of the Muslim world from 632 to the present day.

You're welcome.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by KimKallstrom
Because it's far easier/simplistic/self-righteous/profitable/self-validating to piss on your fellow Muslims and then blame The West/infedels/"Zionists" (Jews) for all your/the Muslim world's problems.

There, I just gave you a condensed history of the Muslim world from 632 to the present day.

You're welcome.

youd think the average muslim would wake up and smell the coffee by now.

are human lives ( inc muslim ones) simply more valued in the west /non muslim world than mecca ?
Accept the refugees and do what with them?

There are no taxes and very few jobs in KSA/UAE. It would not make sense economically.

Stupid question, you need to think it through.
Reply 13
Original post by AlmostNotable

There are no taxes and very few jobs in KSA/UAE. It would not make sense economically.

there are stacks of jobs - they are all being done by pakistanis and bangladeshi workforce thats all.
but this is not about money - its about humanitarian help and protecting life - dont you think the west will be paying to support all these people too - and the west is not even islamic like mecca is - what does that say about islamic morality then
Original post by AlmostNotable

Considering that around 85% of the population of the UAE is foreign workers and 99% of the labour force is foreign, I highly doubt they are lacking in the jobs department. Clearly if they are able and willing to import so many foreigners for their economy there must be some space for refugees to work.
Reply 15
By mecca I assume you mean Saudi rather than the city

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending