The Student Room Group

He scared me?

I was walking out of sixth form this afternoon and was just on my phone and a guy came up to me from behind and held onto my shoulders then said "hey, *inserts name*" I've seen him around the corridors but havent ever spoken to him before so i was Ishocked/scared at why he did that. we started talking and he asked how Im finding my subjects this yr, how i am, and he kept talking about a lot of weird things but ive never spoke to him before ever and he's a yr older but resitting and the older students dont really mix with us in school. after walking for a while i told him i was taking a different path so i said bye then he said he wanted to look at my phone before i went and i didnt want to give it to him because i didnt know why he wanted my phone so i kept laughig and telling him that its fine and he didnt need to look at it as it isnt the best phone in the world, he told me it didnt matter and asked again so i tried to say the same thing, then he just laughed and said "okay bye, ill see you later" and walked away. was i mean? I can't stop thinking about what if he needed to call someine urgently and i was too focused on how rubbish my phone was to help him out. i keep trying to convince myself that he scared me and weirded me out but i feel guilty since it happened, any advice on what i should do, i might see him tomorrow, should i apologise or pretend i never did that?
It sounds like he's crushing/obsessed with you, but that's something else.

I get the feeling he would have said 'what time is it' or 'could I call someone' if that's what he needed. To be honest, while I was reading your post I thought 'he's gonna try and rob her'..

Maybe talk to him if you want, find out what it was and if you still feel like apologising, go ahead. If you don't want to talk, avoid him
Reply 2
I hope you're not taking English.
Reply 3
He's way too popular to crush on someone like me, idk
yh youre probably right, and yh that's exactly how i felt at that moment but knew i was being stupid because he really doesnt seem like the type of person who would rob thats why i was confused. thanks a lot for responding i think ill try to ask him why tomorrow if i can, because i feel like i need to know so my mind is at rest and then ill apologise afterwards.
Reply 4
the reason im typing in this format is because my writing style would probly reveal who i am so im sorry for the deliberate spelling mistakes and abscence of puncuation
Just sounds sketchy to me.

Never hand someone you don't know well and don't speak to your phone. They might take it then attack you.

Obviously I don't think that was the case in this scenario- sounds like he was just going about a crush in a very weird way
Maybe that's exactly what he wanted to do- play on your mind. He's got you thinking about him, that's for sure!
Did he say why he wanted to look at your phone exactly?
When you next see him, you could apologize for not giving the phone to him but I don't think you have anything to apologise for! If you think this could be a start of a good friendship then maybe say hello etc when you next see him, if not then just forget about it. :smile: Let us know what happens!
Honestly I think he was going to put his number on your phone... It's an old trick
Reply 8
Is everyone in this thread braindead? He wanted to put your number on his phone......................................... because he likes you...............................................
Nah defo not a crush, the guy wanted to steal your phone, same mug came up to me and asked me for the time and luckily I had a watch and told him, but then he was like "But I need to see it off your phone" and I was like "You think I'm stupid? No" and then he tapped me on the shoulder and laughed and then walked off.
Original post by battycatlady
Just sounds sketchy to me.

Never hand someone you don't know well and don't speak to your phone. They might take it then attack you.

Obviously I don't think that was the case in this scenario- sounds like he was just going about a crush in a very weird way

Thank you- Yeah, I try to be as careful as I can at all times.
It kills me everytime someone who responds says that because I really don't think so. :redface:

Original post by Charlotteemma
Maybe that's exactly what he wanted to do- play on your mind. He's got you thinking about him, that's for sure!
Did he say why he wanted to look at your phone exactly?
When you next see him, you could apologize for not giving the phone to him but I don't think you have anything to apologise for! If you think this could be a start of a good friendship then maybe say hello etc when you next see him, if not then just forget about it. :smile: Let us know what happens!

Oh god. Lol.
No, he didn't say why. All he said was "Can I have a look at your phone for one sec" and when I refused he responded with "My my, that is a phone - isn't it?? " and of course I said yes, then explained the state of it but he was like "That doesn't matter. Go on, just let me see it" and that was it, we said our goodbyes then went our seperate ways.
Yeah, I might do just that.- Thank you.
I will do. :smile: I think I'll try and ask tomorrow especially since its a Friday and I'll find it difficult to ask after the weekend has passed.

Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I think he was going to put his number on your phone... It's an old trick

Oh... I hope not. :redface:
He's handsome and he likes you:u:
Original post by Norbo11
Is everyone in this thread braindead? He wanted to put your number on his phone......................................... because he likes you...............................................

That's what the above user said but I'm adamant that isnt the case..we'll see tomorrow. :redface:

Original post by Dilzo999
Nah defo not a crush, the guy wanted to steal your phone, same mug came up to me and asked me for the time and luckily I had a watch and told him, but then he was like "But I need to see it off your phone" and I was like "You think I'm stupid? No" and then he tapped me on the shoulder and laughed and then walked off.

Thats scary and horrible..wow. I hope I dont look stupid if I ask and that was the primary intention. I actually think you're right despite the fact he doesn't seem like the sort who would steal.
Original post by Anonymous
That's what the above user said but I'm adamant that isnt the case..we'll see tomorrow. :redface:

Thats scary and horrible..wow. I hope I dont look stupid if I ask and that was the primary intention. I actually think you're right despite the fact he doesn't seem like the sort who would steal.

You just need to be cautious that's all, there's no guarantee that he was trying to steal your phone and it could be like others have said, that he wanted to put his number in there (Kinda backfired and funny if it was) but just be aware that things like this as it can happen. How secluded is your walk back to your home? If there's not a lot of people that take this path then you could find a different path where there's people walking, even if it's longer just for the peace of mind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
He basically cold called you in person
Original post by Dilzo999
You just need to be cautious that's all, there's no guarantee that he was trying to steal your phone and it could be like others have said, that he wanted to put his number in there (Kinda backfired and funny if it was) but just be aware that things like this as it can happen. How secluded is your walk back to your home? If there's not a lot of people that take this path then you could find a different path where there's people walking, even if it's longer just for the peace of mind.

Thank you for all your advice, I really appreciate it. It isn't incredibly busy and could be considered as relatively secluded in comparison to other places but I'm not the only person around so it's okay. I do cycle sometimes which is much quicker and that's great because I get home faster/earlier but overall the route back home is pretty safe so I don't mind walking, infact its quite relaxing. Yeah, youre right- thanks a lot. :smile:

Original post by Tom78
He basically cold called you in person

:lol:
[QUOTE=Charlotteemma;59096371:) Let us know what happens!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :colonhash:

Some of you were right...and now I don't know whether to feel stupid or flattered.

I managed to find him and asked him in one of my free periods. After laughing for over 5 mins, he finally told me that the reason was because he wanted me to have his number and asked if we could talk about it properly later because he had to get to lesson. When I saw him again in the afternoon he apologised and told me that he shouldve been straight forward with the whole situation from the start and explained everything to me but went on to try exactly the same thing again. :lol: I gave my phone to him this time and guess what...? he didnt steal it :toofunny:. I still cant believe I thought that and I still cant believe he actually wanted my number either. O_O Anyway, we walked home because we had both finished for the day( after my conversation with Dilzo999 yesterday evening I decided to cycle to school which was a stupid desicion because it meant that I had to walk my bike back since he was walking with me) but while we were walking, it just decided to rain all of a sudden so he told me to leave and ride really fast back home otherwise I'd get incredibly wet. He also gave me the hoodie he was wearing because I was only wearing a cardigan which I did refuse at first(because it wasnt even raining that much and i love rain anyway) but he said he didn't want my hair to get wet so I took it and.. wore it and rode back home ...and yh that's what happened. :toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending