The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The people of Nigeria do not know anything about this resolution, we are not a rich people. Internet and televisions are luxuries most cannot afford.

So for all we know - there may be no public support, from Nigerians, for such an act. Do you not think, that with such a decisive act ('recolonising' Nigeria - you named the resolution, not I) that there should be at least some sort of want for such an act. As well this - if the people at large do not know about the 'new' administration - do you not think they would be slightly concerned by a Peace Keeping Force (some may call it an invasion force) of 50,000 turning up on Nigerian soil, in their home villages/towns?
Reply 21
It is best not to tell them before plans are decided. Something like this could be used by warlords as propaganda against the state and could rupture a fragile ceasefire.
Reply 22
It is best not to tell them before plans are decided. Something like this could be used by warlords as propaganda against the state and could rupture a fragile ceasefire.

And a 50,000 peacekeeping (/invasion) force would not affect the ceasefire?
Reply 23
If the people of Nigeria want it then India agree.
Reply 24
Pardon me for my ignorance, but this isn't seriously being contemplated in RL, is it?

With that said, Indonesia in principle has no objection to this bilateral arrangement. We are curious as to whether this move would be politically feasible, but if the people want it, then so it shall be.
Reply 25
Egypt does not support any action that would bring cultures from the outside back to further the breakdown of our culture.

That being said, Egypt also acknowledges the turmoil that has engulfed the nation, and in many way the entire continent, and will not aide in the rebuilding. Therefore, with both an objection and an unwillingness to do the "dirty" work ourselves, we abstain.
Knogle
Pardon me for my ignorance, but this isn't seriously being contemplated in RL, is it?

[OOC]I hope not! :s-smilie: Not as far as I know :smile:[/OOC]
Reply 27
Tanzania disagrees that Nigeria needs recolonization and thinks that passing this resolution would be ridiculous!!! We have the capability to improve ourselves by using our power. If corruption persists, the AU should be consulted and African Nations would be glad to help Nigeria get rid of their corruption. Tanzania is dissapointed!!! It is an Insult to African nations for a fellow nation to ask for recolonization!!!
Pakistan abstains, as it does not have any particulr views for or againt this resolution.
Reply 29
Wouldn't this be out of character? Since there is no way Nigeria would ever to be colonised by any country.

Latest

Trending

Trending