The Student Room Group

Job shadowing

Do you need to present a CV when requesting to job shadow? Or can you just request verbally?

Posted from BEHIND YOU
What sort of job? So I know where to put this, as it doesn't really belong in the PS Advice forum
Original post by *Interrobang*
What sort of job? So I know where to put this, as it doesn't really belong in the PS Advice forum

Ah sorry, I just clicked start discussion at the top. Looking to shadow an optometrist.

Posted from BEHIND YOU
OK moved to healthcare :smile:
Original post by *Interrobang*
OK moved to healthcare :smile:

Cheers

Posted from BEHIND YOU
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT
Do you need to present a CV when requesting to job shadow? Or can you just request verbally?

Posted from BEHIND YOU

A verbal/written request should be fine. I doubt you'd be asked for a CV if you just some shadowing experience. Just let them know you're applying for the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT

Posted from BEHIND YOU

It is more likely that they might ask you about your background and interests over the phone or in person, particularly if you have explicitly asked to talk about the nature of the profession and what the job entails (i.e. you are still discovering what optometry is about rather than simply gaining more experience to improve your application).
Reply 7
I was never asked for a cv when trying to shadow- just a little about myself ie. what school I went to, why I wanted to do that job etc

Quick Reply

Latest