The Student Room Group

Difficult M2 Question, Help needed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Muttley79
You can put the final answer but you asked us to explain the solution which isn't allowed.

I also got the right answer when I resolved horizontally - did you check the answer was not what I posted above?

In the part you quoted I was talking about using the T=root 5 W given in the question.

When I said that was a misprint I did so by using the result T=W/root 5 which is the same as T= root5 W/ 5. So I don't know what you want me to check. I worked it out once using the info given in the question and got nonsense and once using the info we found out and got the right answer.
Original post by Sail last
In the part you quoted I was talking about using the T=root 5 W given in the question.

When I said that was a misprint I did so by using the result T=W/root 5 which is the same as T= root5 W/ 5. So I don't know what you want me to check. I worked it out once using the info given in the question and got nonsense and once using the info we found out and got the right answer.

I want you to check the answer in the book is not T = (Wroot5)/5 ie did you misread it.

The answers to the second part are correct and I've checked them.
Reply 22
Original post by Muttley79
I want you to check the answer in the book is not T = (Wroot5)/5 ie did you misread it.

The answers to the second part are correct and I've checked them.

No I didn't misread. Can't find any versions online though you just have to take it on faith. I can't find an edition on my book so I assume it's first edition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending