The Student Room Group

Would you date a close friend?

or would you think it would affect your friendship with them and stay friends?

Scroll to see replies

Sure I would because I am not going to hurt them and they aren't going to hurt me. I know the relationship would have a solid foundation so yeah I would.
FWB is the way to go. Even if it eventually affects your friendship, you would've still had a lot of fun :biggrin:
Quite possibly.

Some wise person once said that "the first and last step of love is friendship".
Original post by Anonymous
Quite possibly.

Some wise person once said that "the first and last step of love is friendship".

Correction - "first and last step of love is friendship, It's just the middle that's left."
Original post by Anonymous
Correction - "first and last step of love is friendship, It's just the middle that's left."

But the type of friendship in the 1st step is much different to that in the last. I mean, you can never be as comfortable (or at ease) with someone after breaking up with them.
Reply 6
I would yes, but I'm a guy.

If women try to genuinely say yes to this I'll laugh! Where do you think the term 'friendzone' comes from XD
If you share a long passionate french kiss with a close friend, do you think it's possible to go back to being 'just friends'? It happened to me a few months back and at first I was taken aback. I couldn't really go back to being just friends with her as the kiss felt too passionate. I feel like calling her about it
Reply 8
Not sure if I could...I think it could mess up a friendship, and if things go badly in the relationship, they may never get back to how they were.
Reply 9
Original post by littlenorthernlass
You think no women ever find themselves in the friendzone?

Only unattractive ones. Fact.
The best friendships apparently make the best relationships but the desire for mystery and something different is what prevents many from working out that way

Edit: Once youth is over, you see more of these types of relationships forming. It's the youth side of us that wants to test new things and thinking the grass is greener. It's only when we get older that we appreciate what we had and that that guy was actually amazing.

Often it's too late though and some other woman has snapped him up and he's happily married before you realise.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
If I were to choose getting into a relationship with a close male friend, I'd probably decline and suggest being FWB. It's a win win for both parties and without the relationship drama.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and my bf were best friends before going out. Tbh, we never even considered what it would do to the friendship if it mucked up, becoming a couple just felt like the right thing to do and after 6 years of still being together even now, I would say it worked out well for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on how the personality is. Otherwise I would date a close friend since we would know so much about each other and get along so well.
No, never. Don't understand how anyone could.
If it felt right then yes. The people I've dated weren't my friends beforehand, and it's never worked out, so maybe I need to start dating people who know me better. :dontknow:
Original post by Carpe Vinum
If it felt right then yes. The people I've dated weren't my friends beforehand, and it's never worked out, so maybe I need to start dating people who know me better. :dontknow:

:frown:
There are so many perks to dating a close friend :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carpe Vinum

probably riskier and you potentially lose a friend then..but sure lifes for livin
Hypothetically, yeah.

I wouldn't date any of my close friends currently, but I can see that there could be advantages, if it felt like the right thing to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending