The Student Room Group

The Chav test

Scroll to see replies

35%...

Original post by web-girl
15%! :biggrin: I have never ate pot noodles!

same. I've never even seen a KFC either, never mind eaten there.
Original post by saeed97
Indeed we do :h:

isn't ur avatar based on Kanye West tho :confused:....JS :laugh:
25%, I have had a pot noodle and call my evening meal tea. Life of a chav right there.
Reply 84
Original post by nexttime
That's made up - its not the true etymology.

e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/radio/specials/1130_uptodate2/page7.shtml

Its a term for working class culture. It has little to do with violence - if someone dressed in red trousers and a blazer was being violent would you call them a chav? I think not. Its purely about what people are wearing. If someone is dressed in a hoodie or has overdone it on the fake tan and someone wants to insult them people will call them a 'chav'. Both of those traits are features of working class culture.

Similarly, all the traits people associate with 'rah' or more recently 'hipster' tend to be upper class traits.

You can pick out the specific features that you personally consider a 'chav' to consist of if you want, but its a heterogenous term and ultimately, in terms of its broad every day use on say reddit or in conversation: If you want to insult someone who is lower class you call them a chav, someone upper class you call them a hipster.

this rustles my jimmies
Original post by jedanselemyia
35 :biggrin:

Me too, fellow little chav !!! :tongue:
Reply 86
Original post by CoolCavy
isn't ur avatar based on Kanye West tho :confused:....JS :laugh:

Yeh its dropout bear, would you rather it be a picture of Mozart or Beethoven?
Original post by Fleming1928

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by saeed97
Yeh its dropout bear, would you rather it be a picture of Mozart or Beethoven?

wait what is a drop out bear?

well mozart is more classy than kanye west but whatever floats ur boat :h:
Reply 89
Original post by CoolCavy
wait what is a drop out bear?

well mozart is more classy than kanye west but whatever floats ur boat :h:

The name of the bear in my avatar is called dropout bear, he appears in Kanye's college drop out and graduation album.

Meh class is overrated, Kanye's music is fire and thats how its gone be :u:
0%-25% NORMAL You might take the odd step on the Chav side once in a while, but it’s completely unintentional, and done with a sense of irony.

25%.
20% not a chav at all lol
35% borderline chav lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by REMLewis

Spoiler

Spoiler

15%
0% - Normal. Thank GOD.
Original post by Frodokins
You've never had pot noodles? :lolwut:

Nope. I like making my noodles from scratch, and most of the other food I eat as well. :h:
I find this test offensive. Stop vilifying and taking the piss out of poor people.
40%. But I don't think calling your grandmother 'nan' is chavvy so IMO it should be lower...
Original post by stehay
http://junktrove.com/quizzes/chav-test/

take it and see what you get

Only 15% chav :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest