The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I know that these unis had places in clearing last year:
(not quite sure if they're showing places for both pharmacy and pharmacology though)

bradford, east anglia, hertfordshire, keele, liverpool john moores, medway school, portsmouth, university of london pharmacy dept, strathclyde, sunderland, wolverhampton

To be honest i'm slightly concerned I won't get into my firm (will either be Manchester or Cardiff...if I finally hear from Cardiff!) because I reckon I'll get AABC (I'm doing Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and Biology). I think the C will be in bio as I had a rough time last year and royally screwed up my biology exams and I already know Manc wants me to have atleast a B in it. I'm also naturally a pessimist so i'm not exactly looking on the bright side of things but i'm not too worried right now, if I don't get in I'll try to take it like a (wo)MAN!
Reply 2
I don't think Manchester will be very flexible. They make offers to like 900 people and only take in about 100, maybe a bit more.
Reply 3
nottingham said to call them if you have just missed grades (only if you set them as firm)
Reply 4
I know people at Manchester doing pharmacy and they've told that there's about 20 or so people in the first year, with grades of ABC and BBB who were let in despite missing their ABB/AAB offers.

I think there is more room for flexibility and discretion in Pharmacy than there is say in Medicine or Dentistry.
Reply 5
I'm assuming these people all picked manchester as a firm offer aswell.
Reply 6
British Bulldog
I'm assuming these people all picked manchester as a firm offer aswell.

Ooooh you're a smiths fan! :five:
Reply 7
Well being a Mancunian born and bred, how could I not be a Smiths fan? :smile:
Reply 8
bath sed that they wud still consider u if u missed the grades -dats the purpose of the 'informal' interview , to get too kno u nd if by chance u miss the grades, they have alredy met u, they kno wut kinda person u r, they can judge if u truly wanna do pharmacy. so yeh- its my firm!!
Reply 9
Keele certainly do

Latest

Trending

Trending