The Student Room Group

A level revision tips and guidance for biology

Hi guys I am starting A level biology and need some help as to HOW you wrote your notes in biology. Like did you just use the textbook or did you use the spec aswell. Also like when did you start writing your notes from chapter 1. Was it as soon as you started a chapter of biology in class or when you finished that whole chapter at school when you would start to do chapter 1. Im so confused as to how to write my notes and what resources to use. Thankss
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I used mostly the spec over my textbook. Your better off making notes as soon as you are covering the topics rather than after, the more you can do, the better.

Mark schemes are great for Biology revision, along with doing past papers and learning from the mistakes you are making.
Reply 2
Original post by MissML
I used mostly the spec over my textbook. Your better off making notes as soon as you are covering the topics rather than after, the more you can do, the better. Mark schemes are great for Biology revision, along with doing past papers and learning from the mistakes you are making.
Okay so you think as soon as I start learning from the beginning in school I should come home and make the notes for that chapter even If they haven't finished it in class, so that way im ahead?
Original post by snowiexo
Hi guys I am starting A level biology and need some help as to HOW you wrote your notes in biology. Like did you just use the textbook or did you use the spec aswell. Also like when did you start writing your notes from chapter 1. Was it as soon as you started a chapter of biology in class or when you finished that whole chapter at school when you would start to do chapter 1. Im so confused as to how to write my notes and what resources to use. Thankss

I personally started writing notes closer to the exam with aa mix of past papers. I literally opened the textbook and went through it, reading and writing notes. Its all about your preference. Notes should just be the book condensed and be crafted using the spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending