The Student Room Group

Where should I apply?

Having received my A level grades this summer at A*ABB, in art, history, englsih literature and french I missed the offer for my chosen university exeter by one grade. I am now taking a gap year out and retaking my english exam which would improve that to an A. With these already standing and pending grades, what would be my best bet for universities for an English course? Is there any point in applying to oxbridge? And if not which institutions are best for english?
Original post by Jsmith500
Having received my A level grades this summer at A*ABB, in art, history, englsih literature and french I missed the offer for my chosen university exeter by one grade. I am now taking a gap year out and retaking my english exam which would improve that to an A. With these already standing and pending grades, what would be my best bet for universities for an English course? Is there any point in applying to oxbridge? And if not which institutions are best for english?

Liverpool University :colondollar: (But then I'm biased - it's where I study English :tongue:) But think you also need an A in English for Liverpool.

I don't know about Oxbridge, have a look on their website, see what it says about what grades you need etc. Also go to an open day.

Best thing really is to spend the next year researching universities you think you'll like. Go to as many open days as you can. I think it's just as important to actually like the university and city you'll be living as you'll be there for three years.
Although, with those grades, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere, especially if you manage to pull your English grade up to an A!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending