The Student Room Group

I've had a major change of heart..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KimKallstrom
Even though, despite what the papers and tv are showing, women and children are a small minority and the vast majority are adult males who are already rejecting asylum elsewhere? And a huge percentage aren't even Syrian?

Actually scratch that, I know a few girls who'd love to have a bunch of random African-Arab blokes in their 20s living in their room :tongue:

that's what my mum said when I asked if I could give up my room and let a family stay there- I'd have the sofa. Men need refuge too, and it's actually pretty sexist and racist to deny that just because they're 'African-Arab blokes'- not an attack at you just what I said in response to my mum. Although I do understand why she would be reluctant to let me have anyone but a family stay as she would be concerned for my safety. So, if there's a refugee family that needs somewhere to stay, I will offer my room. :smile:
Original post by missmillie12345
that's what my mum said when I asked if I could give up my room and let a family stay there- I'd have the sofa. Men need refuge too, and it's actually pretty sexist and racist to deny that just because they're 'African-Arab blokes'- not an attack at you just what I said in response to my mum. Although I do understand why she would be reluctant to let me have anyone but a family stay as she would be concerned for my safety. So, if there's a refugee family that needs somewhere to stay, I will offer my room. :smile:

Why don't you offer your room to a homeless person from the UK? There are plenty of children and adults who have no homes and are being ignored simply because the BBC kicks up a fuss about refugees from another country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoenixsilver
Why don't you offer your room to a homeless person from the UK? There are plenty of children and adults who have no homes and are being ignored simply because the BBC kicks up a fuss about refugees from another country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoenixsilver

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kicking up a fuss? There are people who have fled war-torn countries and awful living conditions with no other hope who need help. Why should I deny them that because they less fortunate than I and were born within the borders of another country?
I already try to help the homeless by donating food and essentials, although I should do more. Why don't you offer your room to a homeless person from the UK?
Original post by missmillie12345
Kicking up a fuss? There are people who have fled war-torn countries and awful living conditions with no other hope who need help. Why should I deny them that because they less fortunate than I and were born within the borders of another country?
I already try to help the homeless by donating food and essentials, although I should do more. Why don't you offer your room to a homeless person from the UK?

Well, he hasn't offered a room to anyone at all (which I can completely understand), but you did. Whilst I admire you for offering a room, why will you only offer it to a homeless person outside of our country, and not consider a homeless person in this country?
I can't fathom that people think Turkey is a safe country. Erdogan's record on minorities is woeful. They're already uprooting their lives in Syria and Eritrea etc. I'd try and get to the best place possible too. I suppose the reasoning would be that you've already had huge disruption, after the fleeing these countries the next steps feel distinctly less dangerous, so a little more time and effort to get to a better country is nothing really.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
and then zombie Stalin will kick you in the balls.

Why not commissar Bob or commissar John?

I was being trying to be politically correct.
20k over 5 years.

What a joke.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
20k over 5 years.

What a joke.

far to many and want to be on how many go home when its safe to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending