The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim...and he wants to go out for lunch.

A guy texted me to ask if I wanted to go out for lunch on Sunday. I'm a Muslim and I dont mind meeting up with guys to hang out but this will be the first time I go out alone to eat with a guy im not that close to. It isnt a date or anything but would this be wrong to attend since itll just be the two of us? Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Tell him you'll bring your mahram or he can gtfo
If you dont know him well, having lunch with him is one of the best ways to do so.

Is the guy also muslim? If it's against your religion to chill with him, then he might understand that (assuming he's not muslim)?

If you don't feel like going, then don't go. If you feel like taking a chance, then take the chance and have no regrets :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Tell him you'll bring your mahram or he can gtfo

:colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
:colonhash:

It is the islamic way :creep:
Reply 5
The Prophet (SAW) said “No man is alone with a woman but the Shaytaan is the third one present.”
Al-Tirmidhi (1171)
Reply 6
If it's not a date, I don't see why it'll be unacceptable for you two to have lunch together alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
The Prophet (SAW) said “No man is alone with a woman but the Shaytaan is the third one present.”
Al-Tirmidhi (1171)

What's that supposed to mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
A guy texted me to ask if I wanted to go out for lunch on Sunday. I'm a Muslim and I dont mind meeting up with guys to hang out but this will be the first time I go out alone to eat with a guy im not that close to. It isnt a date or anything but would this be wrong to attend since itll just be the two of us? Thoughts?

There is nothing with that. Y'all muslims need to calm yo asses down, it's not like she's sleeping with him.
Reply 9
Original post by angelcake123
If you dont know him well, having lunch with him is one of the best ways to do so.

Is the guy also muslim? If it's against your religion to chill with him, then he might understand that (assuming he's not muslim)?

If you don't feel like going, then don't go. If you feel like taking a chance, then take the chance and have no regrets :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, he's an athiest but from a Christian background. I dont know if its against my religion because I wont actually be doing anything bad, right? Im not sure. -_-
Thanks for the response! :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
Al-Tirmidhi (1171)

This is the reason i don't follow hadiths lmaoooo soo stupid
Reply 11
Original post by moroccan beauty
What's that supposed to mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

When a man and woman (non mahrems) are alone together, Shaytaan is the third one present.
It's haraam, no doubt

This is how shaitaan works. He's whispering to you saying "it's ok, it's just lunch. He's a nice guy, you wont do anything wrong"

And then little by little, one thing leads to the next. This is how shaitaan reels you in and takes you to jahannam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Al-Tirmidhi (1171)

What do you mean? Could you explain the quote please.
Original post by HAnwar
When a man and woman (non mahrems) are alone together, Shaytaan is the third one present.

Oh right.. ;/ Thank you.
Original post by HAnwar

I was alone in an office with a niqabi for like 15 mins once, and we had to converse

Was shaitaan present? We didnt do anything inappropriate :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by thefreakoffreaks

You're a "Muslim" who rejects ahadith?

Lolllllllllll
Original post by thefreakoffreaks

Idiot

We'll see who's laughing on the day of judgement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
There are some amazing characters on TSR.

@OP - just politely reject the offer. You clearly know that saying yes is the wrong move to take if you have to question yourself.
[

Original post by moroccan beauty
It's haraam, no doubt

This is how shaitaan works. He's whispering to you saying "it's ok, it's just lunch. He's a nice guy, you wont do anything wrong"

And then little by little, one thing leads to the next. This is how shaitaan reels you in and takes you to jahannam

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that's exactly what I think...it literally is just lunch and he does seem incredibly kind. What do you mean by "one thing leads to the next"? please explain?

Quick Reply

Latest