The Student Room Group

computing gcse

when does the OCR GCSE computing J275- controlled assessment start from?
Mine is a one year course and started the course from July. we have already started learning python through code-academy and our teacher expects us to learn it within 4 weeks...
please answer it from your past experience or rough estimation.
Reply 1
Original post by bakastudent
when does the OCR GCSE computing J275- controlled assessment start from?
Mine is a one year course and started the course from July. we have already started learning python through code-academy and our teacher expects us to learn it within 4 weeks...
please answer it from your past experience or rough estimation.

I do this one but a two year course and it really depends on your school. As long as it's sent in by just before you do your exams whenever. Once you get the fundamentals in Python, it's quite easy. The programs don't matter as such as it's heavily based on the descriptions, testings and all the areas you would write about. With two hours a week, it took my class about seven or eight months (From July 2014 to about February 2015)
Reply 2
thanks, your answer quite helped me to stop panicking. cos u see i have not finished learning python and dont even understand it. so i was scared if i had to do my controlled assessment as soon as i get to school...:smile:

Quick Reply