The Student Room Group

Law with Economics Degree - Is it good for Corporate Law?

Hello

I just started Year 12 and I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics (planning on dropping Physics for year 13). I'm interested in doing corporate law but I also enjoy Economics.

I was wondering if a Law with Economics degree would be good for corporate law (or if any other Law combination degree would be).

Also what would be the best University for this or any other Law combination degree?

I would prefer doing a Law combination degree because I know Corporate Law can be extremely competitive, so a Law combination degree may help me keep my options open.

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not 100% on this but when I was choosing my a levels my school told me that some non-maths degrees will not take maths and further maths as 2/3 A2s because they don't show enough breadth of skills or whatever. I understand further maths is required/preferred for some economics degrees so might be worth getting in touch with a couple of unis running law with economics and see what they think, whilst also keeping in mind if you decide to drop the economics bit there may be some issues. Alternatively you always have the option of doing a straight economics degree and then do the GDL conversion course.

In terms of the corporate law bit - apparently firms are really pushing corporate awareness when looking for trainees so if that is something you think you can gain from the economics part of your degree go for it! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subjects like finance, accounting, and international business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go to an economics summer school or something. I'd not suggest doing a joint degree because they are known for being less law-orientated and letting in people who'd not get onto the pure law programme. Law with business is classic for this, as is law with anthropology (which LSE offers).
Reply 4
If it's an LLB (a qualifying law degree) then yeah it would work for corporate law. If you had to convert it via the GDL because it's a BA then that would indicate that there isn't enough law involved in the initial degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending